1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Engl E1060 vs SVT3

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Red Man, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Red Man

Red Man

Hey All

I'm currently toying up the idea of replacing my bass amp which is an SVT3 Pro as my current rack is bloody heavy and I'm trying to find a way to cut down (It has a line 6 wireless, tune, gt pro and SVT3) since the SVT3 is the only thing that weighs anything im toying up replacing that, only thing being is that I dont have any complaints in regards to sound comming from it and volume is not an issue (in my metal bands I always manage to overpower the other members without trying)

I've been intereted in the ENGL E1060 as im a massive fan of their guitar amps so I wonder whats peoples opinion of them and is it worth swapping out the SVT3 for one of them.

Cheers

2. Primakurtz

Primakurtz Registered Nihilist

This is the first time I've heard about the Engl - looks like a really good amp! Love to try one.

3. OldogNewTrick

OldogNewTrick

4. Wolffgang

Wolffgang

I hadn't heard of this head either, and I certainly agree about Engl's guitar amps; their Screamer is possibly my favourite combo ever.

It looks awesome on paper, I LOVE the dual parametric mids (although kinda wish they were on both channels), but it's not really my sort of sound. Although, it has a gritty, aggressive vibe that I've definitely heard from SVT3s before, so this may well be excactly the sort of thing you're after. But then again, $2000US is a *lot* for what they're offering.

You could probably get some permutation of an SVP, a bigger D class amp and a parametric EQ to go in your rack for less. But having it all in one package is always nice. So, I think it sounds like it'll do what you want, but it sounds like it might be hard to actually try one out, and it certainly ain't cheap. Hard to give any conclusive advice, sorry.

5. Register to disable this ad