1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Envirotex Lite fretless application technique?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by fourstringbliss, Dec 13, 2012.

1. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

I just defretted my bass and want to use Envirotex Lite epoxy to coat the fingerboard. How do I so this? Do I use a brush and brush it on? Do I pour it on, and if so how do I spread it? How long does it take to cure?

Thanks!
  2. slngd

slngd

How thick is this epoxy?

If it is very fluid, it might be an advantage to pour it on the fretboard, as it would make a smooth surface and reduce the amount of sanding you have to do.

If its thick like the epoxy i've been working with recently:
    Brush on - Let dry - sand until smooth - and repeat the process until your desired finish is acheived. To get a glossy look with this method, you would have to buff up the epoxy afterwards.

BTW, you dont have to use a brush. A putty knife, or even a sheet of relativetly thick paper would work.