1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Epic Band Breakup Rage non quit

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Marley's Ghost, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Supporting Member

Drummer has a bizarre email gardening accident meltdown rant..:mad::mad:. This is verbatim with names x'd out.

Dude , ***....You have to lie cause you need an excuse .....using me as an excuse is just wrong...If I said You were playing everything wrong dude where's the email to prove it ....Just so you know the other guys have the email that you quit over ....I NEVER said you weren't playing anything right....and you even admitted that you were playing the song wrong. Would you like me to forward you a copy To refresh your memory???...SO TELL THEM THE REAL REASON YOU QUIT....I think you just don't have the time or commitment it takes for a BAND.....DUDE YOU EVEN CANCELED PRACTICE ONE TIME FOR A PARTY....LAME!!!!!!!....YOU QUIT FOR A VERY SORRY REASON SO DON"T EVER EXPECT FOR ME TO PLAY WITH YOU EVER AGAIN...!!!!!...especially since we were SOOO close and I REALLY NEED THE MONEY..............

Ya know, I seen it coming and guess what ???....I'm already out making money with another band(ONLY DID IT FOR THE MONEY) ..Giged out the last three weekends....after only 2 practices....(I was going to QUIT THAT ONCE WE WERE READY)....But Now I don't have to.....(music's really lame)....and I still would for the right jams (IF WE GET THINGS TOGETHER)...(NOT LOOKING GOOD RIGHT NOW !!!)

TO THE OTHER MEMBERS....I WILL Still Do something When or if another bass player is Found ....(If You Still Want To)...Or You could solve it all, Give In to xxxx...and possibly xxxx Too (cause I don't really Feel He likes Me Anyway....(I get that Vibe and I am usually right with that) , and Find Another drummer.....I DID NOTHING WRONG and Can Not tolerate The Drama...SO should I tell the other band I'M PERMINANT?????...I will give You guys One week To let me know if we continue by Finding another Bass Player. Or if you just want me too go......after that week If nobody says we look for another bass player ....I am going to TOTALLY COMMIT TO THEM.(THE OTHER BAND)..and I will NO LONGER be available....I LOVED PLAYING WITH YOU GUYS...WE WERE ON THE RIGHT TRACK WITH THE MUSIC AND ALL...This **** happens WAY TOO OFTEN (getting this close) That's why I jumped on the other band , cause I seen It Coming...

If I don't here from somebody, I am Done
    Had A Great Time

:eek:

2. BassCliff

BassCliff

Hi,

Epic!

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

3. Vintagefiend

Vintagefiend I don't care for 410 cabinets at all.

Typical drummer, non-spelling, run-on sentences...

You hear about the drummer who went to Harvard??

4. OEW3

OEW3

I don't understand what's going on here. I've read it a few times now and still I'm confused. I'm not sure who is talking, who's quitting or not quitting, who's mad, which band is which. Sounds like a lot of drama though. Somebody should quit. Music should be fun, or lucrative, or both. There are a million other people to play with out there. Good luck!

Edit: I think I figured it out. He sounds pretty high maintenance. Run!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. chungweishan

chungweishan

Apparently we have the same drummer. My band's drummer tends to freak out easily in his emails. The singer now has a no-email rule. Such goofy drama.

7. Hobobob

Hobobob Don't feed the troll, folks. Supporting Member

Lets hear some backstory on this. The dude's under the impression that you told the other members that he was badmouthing you or something?

8. Marley's Ghost

So the lead guitarist, singer and I decided to break it up for several reasons. The drummist weird behavior being only one. He had send me an email out of nowhere declaring that I was playing a song "wrong" because it was not note for note the same as the record. I commented on that to the rest of the band and that set him off.

9. Marley's Ghost

What about him?

10. hudpucker

hudpucker

Fortunately, he "SEEN" it coming...

11. jgroh

jgroh Supporting Member

There is no such person!

12. The Courier

The Courier

".....I DID NOTHING WRONG and Can Not tolerate The Drama...SO should I tell the other band I'M PERMINANT?????...I will give You guys One week To let me know if we continue by Finding another Bass Player"

lmao, the ironing

13. smurfco

smurfco

You know, you could have posted that without mentioning what instrument the guy played and I still would have been 100% certain he was the drummer.

14. spz8

spz8

I'd boot that drummer just for the atrocious spelling, grammar, and punctuation of his drama filled rant.

15. Ironbar

Ironbar

Seriously, do schools not teach kids how to read and write the English language anymore?

16. Mark_70

Mark_70

Uh-oh. I'd be in trouble. Don't think I ever played a song note-for-note the same as on the record..

You had a very different drummer than we have. He doesn't get excited easily. Just sits down and does his thing (and does it well). We love him :hyper:

Regards
    Mark

17. Woofer

Woofer

18. Hobobob

Hobobob Don't feed the troll, folks. Supporting Member

The joke goes:
    "You hear about the drummer that went to Harvard?"
    "No..."
    "Well neither have I!"

AltGrendel likes this.
  19. chungweishan

chungweishan

Maybe he types using his drumsticks. I'd be impressed.

Marley's Ghost likes this.
  20. Marley's Ghost

Fyi he is in his late 40's.

21. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

+1 I'm lost I'm glad you figured it out OP are you the bass player he's talking about?