1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please make yourself at home! I've deleted the previous "migration" threads, please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Epifani 112 UL problem?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by S.fasciani, Jan 15, 2014.

1. S.fasciani

S.fasciani Supporting Member

today I lifted up my cab and there was a rattle. inside a black spool of green wire had broken off of the inside of where the speakon connections are. I also sent Epifani an email but I thought maybe someone might be able to help me out, tell if its a DIY?
    Thanks!
    photos
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. S.fasciani

Oh yeah...
    The cab still seems to work. I didnt crank it up too loud incase it would blow..
  3. wvbass

wvbass

No replies? You crossover fell apart! Probably not a DIY fix without a replacement crossover. The cab probably works, but the horn/tweeter probably does not.
  4. S.fasciani

Thanks. Im still hoping to hear from Epifani soon.

5. S.fasciani

I just checked the horn/tweeter and it works fine.
    any other thought on what this could be?
  6. Passinwind

Passinwind Charlie Escher Supporting Member

It's the inductor for the high pass filter to the tweeter. If you can solder it's a very easy repair as long as the inductor isn't damaged.

As you found out, the tweeter will still work, but don't be surprised if you blow it if left as-is. What is supposed to be a 3rd order filter is now a 1st order one, not ideal.