Epifani PS112: Great cabs!!!

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by trjazzluva05, Jun 26, 2013.

1. trjazzluva05

trjazzluva05

Just got my PS112 cabs in today and I must say I love them!!! Didn't get to crank it up didn't want the cops called on me, but from first impression: great bottom end, nice even mids and very musical highs. Couldn't crank to get a good idea of the slap sound, but sounded promising at low volume. Can't wait to get out and gig with these!!! I was going save up get some Aguilar GS112's but these sound just as great and are $200 cheaper!!! Good stuff!!! ImageUploadedByTalkBass1372303477.410854.jpg
  2. pedulla-2007

pedulla-2007 Supporting Member

I had to buy three cabs, before I got two round tweeters, then sold the other. I pair these cabs now with a GK rb400, to make my "mini-rig of doom", for mid-sized or acoustic gigs. Love um too!
  3. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist Supporting Member

Are these the ones with the rounded front?
  4. trjazzluva05

trjazzluva05

Yup they have have rounded fronts....is there a different version??? I thought all PS cabs had rounded fronts.
  5. Freddels

I think they came out with a version that was squared off. I have one of the earlier versions so wanted to make sure. The pics online at AMS look like they're not curved.
  6. trjazzluva05

trjazzluva05

Yeah I thought the same thing. AMS makes them look flat by their pictures but like every other PS can I've seen before, they're rounded in the front. Is the OLDER version the one with the square tweeter or rounded one???
  7. Freddels

Well, it's square on the outside and round in the middle. :D

So, I guess it's the one people refer to as the square one. I usually turn the tweeter off.
  8. trjazzluva05

trjazzluva05

I have the round tweeter version...it looks like the same tweeter used in the UL series. I keep the top cab tweeter at half, the bottom tweeter about a quarter way up for more bottom end... still haven't gotten a chance to crank it, but i have no doubt it will sound great when i do.
  9. Freddels

I've wondered how these would do at gig volume. I've only ever used mine for practice at home. I think it sounds great at the volumes that I play at home. Would love to know for sure whether or not they'll handle the volume.
  10. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Relax... Nothing Is Under Control. Supporting Member

I agree these are great cabs. If I wasn't going with fEARfuls a pair of ps112s is what I would use.

Very nice and great value.
  11. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
    I had a pair of these. Nice. Lots of boom! Only thing I didn't like is there is no tweeter protection. For the money you pay for these cabs you'd think they have a tweeter protection circuit!
  12. trjazzluva05

trjazzluva05

Really??? So you mean there is no fuse in the crossover??? That's a bummer. Well for the price they sound and are constructed better than most. I would gladly take the PS112 over say a Hydrive 112 or a Focus 112. eventually I will get some GS112's, but for the price, quality and Pay-while-you-play advantage that American Musical Supply has, it's a win-win for me!
  13. Freddels

I turn the tweeters off but I guess one could easily add a fuse if they really wanted one.
  14. DWBass

Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
    Yep. No tweeter protection circuit. I blew one and could not get it working again even after them sending me a new diaphragm. Ended up trading them away. You'd have to mod the crossover to add a fuse.
  15. DWBass

Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
    No fuse. A friend of mine has 2 of the Hartkes. They sound pretty doggone good. I'm using 2 GK Neo112's. I liked the Epi's as they had a LOT of bottom and the tweeter was smooth sounding.
  16. trjazzluva05

trjazzluva05

Yeah I've played a the Hydrive 112's but they lacked a bit in the low end realm for me. I looked at the GK Neo 112's, but seeing as I already had the GK sound with a Neo 410, I figured they would sound similar. I also have a GK MB2-500 that I'm trying yo get rid of for an Aguilar TH-500 or a Genz Benz Shuttle 9.0/9.2.