Epifunky 150 combo help!

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by duckman999, Jun 11, 2009.

1. duckman999

duckman999 Supporting Member

Hi all you Epi people and anyone else who has knowledge of this combo....
    I really want to pull the trigger on getting one of these as I hear it sounds great. I am however concerned that using it is a practice situation with a fairly loud drummer, that it might now cut it. It will only be a practice amp (that's my plan anyway),as I have a 2200 watt (if needed) big rig set up.

2. kirkm24

kirkm24

I inquired about it from an eBay seller and he said they wouldn't be available for sale until mid July but you could pre-order now. I really don't know much more than that. I've used low wattage amps that really cut and were really loud and supposed high wattage amps that couldn't cut it. I guess I would like to find out from someone how it does in a full band setting before I pull the trigger.

3. duckman999

duckman999 Supporting Member

There are used ones available and I am looking at one right now. Not sure what is coming in July.

4. RColie

RColie Supporting Member

I believe there was a small initial production run of Epifunky gear, and I've seen a couple of these items up for sale used. The stuff coming in July is the "regular" production run.

Bob

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bassman74

bassman74 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    soon to become reviewer and interviewer for EADG mag
    The one i bought 2 months ago sounds terrific and i was told it was the first run but not pre-production models...

7. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are.

Get it up to ear level and it should be fine at rehearsal.

8. kirkm24

kirkm24

Anyone tried one yet in a full band setting?

I only play in a jazz trio so this might be fine for me even on gigs. I used to have an Ashdown Electric Blue 180 (that actually ran at about 120 watts without an extension cab) and it cut through pretty well. I'm wondering if this would work out. Some manufacturer's combos seem to be a lot louder than their stated wattage while others are a lot quieter than their stated wattage.