Epiphone Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Triumph_Rock, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Triumph_Rock

Triumph_Rock

Hi.

Right i'm making a general Epiphone club. I did a search and couldn't find one. I know some of you are going to think not another club! but hear me out.

There has recently been loads of specific Epiphone club threads. Whilst that might be good its stopping other Epiphone user joining. The Thunderbird and the Allen Woody Rumble Cat being the most recent one.

So here it is if you have an Epiphone bass join here. Doesn't matter what type. If you have a Rumble Cat or Thunderbird you can join this one its up to you.

I'll be assigning numbers. It's also nice to post up photo's of your bass.

I'm number one the founding member.

[​IMG]

edit* Can i ask anybody that wants to be a member to ask for a number. Thank you.
  2. lowselfesteem

lowselfesteem

I've got an epiphone viola (beatle bass) which I love. I just tried it with my band the other night for the first time. It wasn't perfect for the more hard rock oriented numbers but it was outstanding for blues rock, motown, etc. I'll post a picture when I get a camera in a couple of days.
  3. main_sale

main_sale

Here's my Epi JC Sig.

[​IMG]
    Thwack likes this.
  4. TheOxBlues

TheOxBlues

I'm soon to be an owner of a Epiphone Thunderbird. I Also have a Jack Casady bass. I will post pics when i can find the lead for my camera.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. JamesTheBassBoy

JamesTheBassBoy

i need to get some pictures of my epiphone flying v bass, then im in!!
  7. olalo

olalo

I own both an Epi Viola bass and an Epi Rivoli RI in sunburst...
    I'll get pictures when I can...

what about the numbers?
  8. Triumph_Rock

Triumph_Rock

Great we have some responses. Nice bass main_sale .
    lowselfesteem your Epiphone member number 2.
    main_sale number 3.
    TheOxBlues number 4.
    JamesTheBassBoy number 5.
    olalo number 6.

Basicly all you do is put Epiphone Bass Club Member # (insert your number here) in your signature.
  9. Shredsled87

Shredsled87

I have a Thunderbird. And thinking about a Jack Cassidy. Hey main_sale. Where did you find that Sunburst JC? I've never seen one. It's awesome looking! Anyways, here is my thunderbird (right side):

[​IMG]
  10. gweimer

gweimer

I've got this one right now:
    [​IMG]
    I had these before:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have another EB-1 fretted on the way. I'll probably replace the pickup when I get it.
  11. lunarpollen

lunarpollen

A horrible picture of me with my Rivoli

[​IMG]
  12. JaySeeDoubleYou

JaySeeDoubleYou

sign me up!

2007 Epiphone Thunderbird Vintage Sunburst. Completely stock...in fact, it still has the factory strings! :)
  13. Triumph_Rock

Triumph_Rock

JaySeeDoubleYou your club member number 7.

So how many of you use your Epiphones as your main bass? What mods have you done?
  14. JaySeeDoubleYou

JaySeeDoubleYou

My Epi is right up there with my Fenders for regular use in my church's praise band. It just blends in so well! Doesn't have quite as much, shall we say, personality as the Fenders and is far less diverse, but geez, it just blends in so well. It fattens up and fills in the sound better than any bass I've ever played...and I'm really starting to love it for it!
  15. JaySeeDoubleYou

JaySeeDoubleYou

thanks for the number!
  16. rfclef

rfclef

Gimme a number...

My first bass ( had it almost a year) and my main bass is an Epiphone Viola... I love playing jazz and classic rock with it, and I use it almost exclusively when I play at church.... I have others, but the Epi is my fave... That may reduce when I get my Birdsong, but the Epi ain't going anywhere soon. I love the uprightish sound it can get... It is perfect for stuff like Brown Eyed Girl and of course Beatles stuff (LAdy Madonna was my first non-jazz band related bassline)
  17. JamesTheBassBoy

JamesTheBassBoy

i use mine for everything! jazz, funk, rock, i even sometimes play with the school orchestra! its quite funny really, a flying v being used for classical and jazz and such, the look doesent really suit the genre of music, but the tone always fits in so well! i love my v too pieces, its neck its so thin and so fast! i love the feel of it! and the stock pickups are great! the bridge pickup gives a really bassy beefy tone thats great for slap and the neck pickup has some real nice highs great for soloing and it also picks up the harmonics really well

wouldent trade it for any other bass and i dont plan on it i love it to much, to many memories with it,
  18. dreadheadbass

dreadheadbass

this is my custom paint jobbed epiphone thunderbird guess the dude on the bass and win... erm a free "air bass"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  19. Michael Jewels

Michael Jewels

And here's mine.

WHAT?!? YOU MEAN THERE ARE TWO SUNBURST JACKBASSES OUT THERE? :D
    [​IMG]

Mike ;)
  20. flakeh

flakeh

Manfred Von richtoven..'red baron"
  21. Waspinators

Waspinators

My main bass is a sunburst Thunderbird. I love the looks and sound of it, especially for metal. :bassist: