1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Epiphone EB-0 vs. Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Special HB

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dradder, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Dradder

Dradder

I'm thinking of picking up an inexpensive single humbucker bass, so interested in anyone's opinions, experiences, comments, etc., on the Epiphone EB-0 versus the Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Special HB. Thanks!
  2. armypunkguy1977

armypunkguy1977

I prefer the Epi because it's a short scale; put tge Squier is much more versatile, especially with the eq.
  3. Geni758

Geni758 Supporting Member

Go with the Squier. I had the Epi you are considering and it was awful. Currently have Squier VM Jaguar SS and it is miles better. I've also considered that model with the single HB. I think it would be good.
  4. Dradder

Dradder

And a specific question...

Withe the Squier HB's active tone circuit, or whatever it's called, and there being a battery and all in the bass, would it be better running the Squier through an active or a passive DI box? Thanks!
  5. FourBanger

FourBanger

The pickup in the Squier Jag HB is very high output, I have nothing else to add.