Epiphone Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TolerancEJ, Feb 18, 2014.

1. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

I noticed this instrument in the Guitar Center Used Gear section. They simply labeled it as Epiphone by Gibson (no model mentioned.) Essentially, it just looks like a jazz bass with a Gibson neck. Listed at the Houston, Texas location.

Is this an actual Epiphone model or just an instrument made from various parts?

[​IMG]
  2. D_Bag

D_Bag

I'm assuming it is similar to my first bass. I have a Epi p bass that I got about 16 years ago. If I remember right it was about $200 and it came with a little practice amp. There's no model number on the bass. The neck is pretty much garbage on mine. It has a few cracks and the truss rod won't budge and if I remember correctly the pickup was pretty noisey.

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1392743208.781873.jpg
  3. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

Looks like the same one. The used GC price is $129, so it must be the same one you're referring to.
  4. BIGEJ2

BIGEJ2 Supporting Member

It is a real Epiphone bass. My first bass was the P bass version, or what Epiphone calls the "Accu Bass". That model I believe is called the "Rock Bass" and is probably from the early 90's.
  5. SasquatchDude

SasquatchDude

Hah... clever play on words on their part.
  6. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

lol. Gibson probably quoted at the time, "It's a Rock bass, not a Jazz bass."
  7. ih8law

ih8law Supporting Member

I saw this at the Houston GC yesterday. It looks to be in good shape. The bridge looked huge on it.