Epiphone Les Paul Bass - Aguilar OBP-2 Preamp! - Cherry Sunburst - With OHSC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by thehamsterman, Jul 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thehamsterman

thehamsterman

Great condition Epiphone Les Paul Special with an aftermarket Aguilar OBP-II preamp and custom formed hard shell case. This is one of the older Les Paul Basses with the bolt on neck and trapezoid pearl inlays, not the newer set neck units.

This bass has a huge variety of tone with its two humbucker pickups, active/passive bypass switch, and Vol/Pan/Bass/Treb layout. It also has dunlop strap locks installed, and the hardware will be included.

Also included: the second battery wire to convert it to an 18v active bass.

This bass is all boxed up and ready to ship out ASAP!

Price: $250! obo SHIPPED anywhere in the continental US!!

Pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. thehamsterman

thehamsterman

Price drop! Really motivated to sell this one so make me an offer!
  3. fleatonius

fleatonius

Nice looking bass. How's the neck? I am a little confused about the active passive configuration? What about your take on the tone? Thanks for showing!
  4. thehamsterman

thehamsterman

The neck is pretty great. It's a little wider than your normal bass, but very comfortable.

The active/passive thing: It has passive pickups with an active pre-amp. Simply put, you can boost and cut the treble and bass, or with the flick of a switch turn the pre-amp off and run it passive. It has a 9 volt battery to power the preamp system.

Here is the manufacturer link

As far as tone, here's an older multitrack piece i did with this bass. All the parts are with this bass direct in to the board:
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. fleatonius

fleatonius

nice sounds and interesting ideas on the tracks. Weight? How do you think it would slap?
    fleatonius
  7. thehamsterman

thehamsterman

Thanks! It comes in at about 9lbs. As far as slap, its a very versatile bass. I usually would solo the bridge and bump thr bass pot up a little. Id record a sample but its boxed and packed for shipping since the just moved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.