1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Epiphone Les Paul Special Bass

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Georgejad, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Georgejad

Georgejad

I've had this bass for over a year now and I've never been quite happy with the Pick ups. Would anyone know of any that would fit? All I can find to fit are 5 string bass pickups. The dimensions are 38mm by 105mm (roughly).
  2. Cadfael

Cadfael

The bartolini M4 has 38x102
    and they write that this is the EMG40 size ...

Why do you want to change the PUs?
    Shure you have the right strings?!
  3. bumperbass

bumperbass

Mine sounds great. I for sure would like to know exactly what you feel is lacking. Actually, if you are going to get any real recommendations, everyone willing to help will have to know why you are dissatisfied. "Never been quite happy" doesn't help much. The fact that they are Epiphone doesn't necessarily mean they are crap.
  4. Georgejad

Georgejad

Well I do really like the sounds I can get from the D and G string, but I feel like there is something not right about the E and A. I'm not sure how to explain what it is, they are muddy is the best way I can put it.
  5. Hawkbone

Hawkbone Supporting Member

So it's a 4-string with a 5-string case size? Get rail pups like the ones SGD makes.