Epiphone Ltd Ed Korina Flying-V Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DashJazzOwl, Sep 17, 2010.

1. DashJazzOwl

DashJazzOwl

I searched the site and didn't find any reviews or anything about the Epiphone Ltd Ed Korina Flying-V Bass.
    But I was wondering what everyone's thoughts where about this bass. My guitarist has a Gibson Flying-V and when I saw this bass I was like.... This is awesome. Only I couldn't even find any videos of ppl playing it so I have no clue what it sounds like.
    I'm going to my local guitar store soon and hope they have this so I can test it out. I was considering getting it since it's $400 and I've never owned anything that's not Fender or Squire.
  2. DynaFlow

DynaFlow

I've been curious about this bass for a while, too. I'm a big Jack Casady fan from his Hot Tuna days in the 70s with a custom V bass, I know this isn't that bass but close enough to have me intrigued.

Never seen one of these Epis in person. I've come close to ordering one online a couple of times but for whatever reasons have not done so yet.

One thing to bear in mind is that the Epi V has a short scale neck (30.5"?), kinda like the old Gibson EB basses, while the Explorer bass has the longer 34" scale.
  3. edmidlifecrisis

edmidlifecrisis Registered mediocre bass player Gold Supporting Member

I sometimes jam with a local garage band, the guitarist has the guitar versions of that bass, it's very cool and he LOVES it.

The bass version looks really badass. I keep saying I should bring my Epi Jack Casady to those practices as then everyone would be playing Epis, the other guitarist plays an Epi LP.

I too would be interested to know if anyone around here has played one.
  4. rockscott

rockscott

I would like to play it as well, im sure attaining a case for it will be a royal pain in the a$$! Im going to play the epiphone viola asap, i need a short scale and i like the look, i never have owned a hollow body!
  5. DynaFlow

DynaFlow

I guess the case issue is the main thing dissuading from getting one of these V basses. I wonder if there are any gig bags that would fit it.
  6. DashJazzOwl

DashJazzOwl

I haven't never played anything that wasn't a 34" scale neck so I don't know if I will like that or not. My hands aren't huge so maybe I'll like it more.
    I'm excited about going up there Tuesday to check and see if they have one.
    The case issue is also kinda a problem for me too, my hard shell case is pretty much made for Fender/I guess normal sized bass guitars.
    But once again if anyone here does own one and would make a video of them playing it that would be awesome.
  7. ollieville

ollieville

I've got one. I've had for a few years now. I love it cuz it's bad ass! But hate it cuz it's more of a cool bass, than a good bass. I play an Alembic. And you can't top one of those. In my opinion. I've deemed the V to be my oldest sons bass when he's ready.

Phil Phillip Phillips