Epiphone Thunderbird IV. Mods? Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by grunge_freak, Mar 3, 2014.

1. grunge_freak

grunge_freak

I am the lucky owner of one of these basses and I love it. I used to have a jaguar bass, and thought that the Jaguar was the true jack-of-all-trades of the bass world.

Well, I got this thunderbird used off of a friend of mine and haven't looked back. Not to discount the jaguar at all but I just like everything about this bass better. Achievable tones, neck, action, it suits my style of playing perfectly. Threw some ernie ball hybrid slinkies on and this baby sings. Any recommendations about future aftermarket parts that would sound nice? Or just any thoughts on this bass in general, I don't know anyone else who owns one.
  2. Apolicious

Apolicious

Maybe a new bone nut, but hey - if it ain't broke, don't fix it ;)
  3. grunge_freak

grunge_freak

after jamming for a few hours just now, I think you're right. at least for the time being I don't wana change a thing. this bass is so comfortable and the action is set real nice for me, I'm just gona keep at it the way it is
  4. BirdThunder

BirdThunder

Here's some parts you can put on: Hipshot ultralite tuners (to balance the headstock), new bridge? Hipshot supertone, though 3 point is actually functionable, just in case you wanna change it, thunderbuckers pick up (go to thunderbird club for more questions).
  5. Register to disable this ad