1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Epiphone Thunderbird neck dive?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by uLtImAtExBaSs, Mar 25, 2014.

1. uLtImAtExBaSs

uLtImAtExBaSs

I bought a epiphone thunderbird IV goth series yesterday, not noticing the neck dive, is there a fix for this without spending a lot to get it repaired, sorry if I sound like a newbie, this is the first time I've had to deal with this. This is also my first post so please if I posted this in the wrong place can someone help me I'm a real n00b

2. Andii Syckz

Andii Syckz

Although i can't move the thread, i can help. I have a thunderbird goth as well. But you're saying you're not noticing the neck dive, so i'm assuming there isn't any yet. The ideal way to counter the dive is moving the strap pin. If it's located on the horn, you should move it to one of the bolts on the neck plate (preferably the top left bolt) it'll counter dive. Also, use a wide strap if you hold your bass high. Me, i have no dive, cause i hang myine pretty low, and my strap pin is on that specific bolt. IT should help. Good luck

3. uLtImAtExBaSs

uLtImAtExBaSs

Is this something I can do myself, or will I have to take it to a repair shop?

4. Andii Syckz

Andii Syckz

you can do it yourself. No need for a repair shop. any pictures of your bass currently?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. uLtImAtExBaSs

uLtImAtExBaSs

I have one but just of the body should I take pics of the neck and stuff

7. Andii Syckz

Andii Syckz

You can. But really it's just the body right now since you're trying to figure out where to place the strap-pin to counter neck dive.