1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

EQ pedal with freqs close to ampeg SVT vr?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MADChuudoku, Dec 28, 2012.

1. MADChuudoku

MADChuudoku

I'm looking for an EQ pedal to pair with a preamp pedal that doesn't have much in the way of tone shaping.

I'd looked at the mxr Kerry king EQ but wondered if anyone knew of any pedals that were around the freqs that ampeg use on the SVT vr? I always liked whatever the bass freq was on that head.

2. spaz21387

spaz21387

catlinbread sft or the tech 21 vt bass

3. MADChuudoku

MADChuudoku

I've already got my preamp sorted, just want something for a little EQ sculpting to place after it

4. MADChuudoku

MADChuudoku

Something like this

40hz
    800hz
    220hz
    3khz
    4khz

Something with a 1khz slider would be a bonus too

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

7. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

I'd agree with the above sentiments regarding a 3 band parametric eq. But if on a tight budget, the Artec bass EQ & tuner pedal has frequencies that might be close enough (closer than the Boss Bass EQ and it's many clones are).

8. father of fires

father of fires Supporting Member

You may not need more dirt or gain but the Sansamp stuff will have spot on EQ.

Or the Barber Linden EQ.

9. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

Haha, you should check out anthony's rig rundown to understand what he really need, I understand why he don't want to get the preamp. Seems like he is looking for something more of a utility eq than coloured eq like the sansamp line of pedal.

10. MADChuudoku

MADChuudoku

Hah yeah I'm making a mini board which will be using the darkglass vintage as a preamp, so just need an EQ to go with it