EQD Transport jr vs MXR Carbon Copy

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by WaldoNova, Feb 10, 2014.

1. WaldoNova

WaldoNova Supporting Member

If you could get either one of these for the same price which would you get? Any pros and cons to either pedal that should be considered?

My needs for a delay are simple. Mainly I will be using for noise/ambient passages for intros and outros. I'm not running a stereo setup and tap tempo isn't required. Modulation is a plus but not necessary.

Any thoughts on these two pedals? Any recommendations of something in a similar price point?

2. jumblemind

jumblemind I also answer to Bryan Supporting Member

Haven't tried the Carbon Copy but I have the Disaster Transport Jr for exactly what you describe and love it. Great on bass, and at some settings it can sound like an old reverb. The decays are very "natural" sounding, and you can of course twist the knobs to get some self-oscillating type delay loops.

3. MightyMiloQuinn

MightyMiloQuinn Supporting Member

I would go with the EQD out of those two choices. Within that price range I'd also consider the various iterations of the Malekko Ekko 616 (Lofi, Dark, regular, etc) and even the TC Electronic Flashback.

4. vegas532

vegas532 Supporting Member

With the Malekkos, you have to keep your "flavor" in mind:
    Regular - clean, bright, and pristine

Dark - dark vintage flavor, almost like a tape echo.

Lo-Fi - breaks up on the repeats, somewhat "unpredictable" (in a good way) on the modulations.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. tonym

tonym Supporting Member

I've owned both and definitely the EQD. Great, great sounding pedal, and the tone knob gives it a great deal of versatility. The Dispatch Master, which combines their delay and reverb, is fantastic also.

7. jacksonev94

jacksonev94 Supporting Member

I have to throw in my $.02 and agree that the EQD Dispatch Master is an excellent option, especially with the reverb feature and a "mix" knob.

8. WaldoNova

Thanks for the information folks. I appreciate it.

9. WaldoNova

I bought this today. http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SSViolettaDly/

A Red Witch Violetta Delay pedal. It was the same cost brand new that the used Transport Jr. and the MXR Carbon Copy. It does everything these two pedals do with free shipping!!!

I'll see if I like it soon enough.

10. FromTheBassMent

FromTheBassMent Those who can, play bass. Supporting Member

Of the two in your original post, the EQD for sure.

I use the TC Hall Of Fame on my board, but it's with a Fender Bass VI, and I'm looking for a very specific vintage tic-tac kind of thing with it (which the TC does well in Spring or Tile mode). Can't argue with the price point and versatility of the HOF, but it's probably more feature-rich than you'd ever need.

Honestly, when I read your sonic requirements the very first pedal I thought of was the Mr. Black Supermoon. But I must admit, I've never tried mine with my bass board, only with guitar... so I have no idea how it would handle bass. It's a dreamy pedal, though.