Equalizer pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by lowtom, Feb 3, 2014.

1. lowtom

lowtom

I am looking for a equalizer pedal, that is able to cut off especially middle and high frequencies, to get just really the low sound. my problem is that my bass is active, and i don´t want to turn the active off or doesn´t have time for this during the songs.
    i currently got the boss ge-7, which is good for me for cutting the middle frequenzies or boost the lows. but i need more option to get the mids and highs nearly completely out of my sound.

Anyony has some advice for me? Thank you?
  2. jimmybc91

jimmybc91

Sounds like you are looking for a low-pass filter, maybe the Iron Ether? I have no knowledge in this but I believe that's what you are looking for.
  3. jumblemind

jumblemind I also answer to Bryan Supporting Member

4. mmbongo

mmbongo Chicken Pot Pie. My three favorite things!! Supporting Member

I started that thread, and the answer was literally right in front of me in a pedal I already had..Aguilar Octamizer. Just turn the octave level off and you're left with the clean signal cut off as low as you want with the 'clean tone' knob.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Does you bass have onboard eq? I would have thought so if it's active.
  7. tomhanzo

tomhanzo

EHX hog boosts just lows. They have a knockout pedal too that may work for you.
  8. lowtom

lowtom

yes - status s2 classic bass

thanks @ all for your suggestions
  9. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

In that case, I would just roll of the top end on the bass.
  10. lowtom

lowtom

i can do this sometimes perhaps, but not all the time. i need it instant.
  11. lowtom

lowtom

i watched some chris hargreaves dubstep vids, and i think he uses the Bass MuRF(MF-105B). The pedal isn´t in production anymore. So does anyone know if there is a similar pedal out there, which can produce the subs as well as this pedal?
  12. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab ACME,QSC,Fame/Hondo/Greco user & BOSE Abuser Gold Supporting Member

The best pedal EQ used here is an MXR that will work with my bass(low level signal) OR with the line(high) level output of my Line 6 BassPODXTLive. Not super cheap but quiet and works well.
    http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-DUN-M108-LIST
    [​IMG]

For what you want, you can cut the mids & highs AND boost the lows AND set the input/output levels so when you hit the ON switch, the EQ and decibel level is what you want....instantly. I've used it as a solo boost this way(except with a nearly flat EQ).
  13. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Supporting Member