Eric Czar

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Sundogue, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Sundogue

Sundogue Supporting Member

The man who inspired me to play funky grooves while playing bass for Joe Bonamassa and also to convert my bass into a six string and to think outside the bounds of what bass playing is.

With Joe Bonamassa

Here's a link to him playing a 4 string, along with other links to his ERB writing and playing...

Eric Czar on his YouTube channel

2. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

He just sold a Conklin 7-string today according to his Facebook page.

3. Sundogue

Yeah, I know. That guy has multiple ERB's lying around. Interesting that a lot of the 4 stringers he uses are all low budget basses he modded, from the Japanese Jazz clone to the ATK he used in that video while on tour with Joe B.

4. Sundogue

Hmm...maybe because he isn't a household name in a famous band that only one replied at all. No comments? Really?

I should have titled this "Flea", "PNut" or any number of other well known players with lots of marketing behind them or their bands.

No one has anything to say about this guy? C'mon now...even if you don't like the music, this guy is one talented player!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. TBAR Shane

TBAR Shane

Been subscribed to his channel for a while. I can't remember how I came across him, but his playing is pretty astounding. Especially his fretless stuff.

7. christle

christle Supporting Member

Glad you shared that. Love his playing!

8. Sundogue

The guy is really cool and open too. I've had quite long conversations with him on FB. He's really inspiring to me. Got me to be more honest about what I really want to do musically.

He has so much talent and creativity. I love listening to every new tune he writes and records.

I think he flies WAY too far under the radar for a man of his talents.

9. cjmodulus

cjmodulus

Basstheworld.com's Facebook shares his stuff a lot, which is where I first heard of him. Great stuff for sure. I had no idea he played with joe bonamassa though- I'll have to look more into that.

10. Sundogue

Way back when a band I was in was playing tons of JB, I just had to find out who THAT bass player was. Really Cool stuff he played with Joe. In some ways, he kind of outshined Bonamassa, which is a feat unto itself!!!

Eric said he just found the music to "limiting". :eek: Joe Bonamassa...the guy Eric Clapton bowed down to at Royal Albert Hall (although Clapton was JB's idol)...a guitarist who is one of the best...and Eric thought the music was too limiting? Wow.

But of course, hearing what Eric is doing now, it's understandable. And to be clear, Eric made a point that he meant no disrespect to Joe and they are still god friends. Just wanted to do something different.

11. Emibass

Emibass

Media:
    Albums:
  12. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 Supporting Member

I've known about him for a couple of years now. I remember pitching in for a kickstarter type thing he tried doing months back. Unfortunately, it did not take off.

The guy is incredible though...the demo pieces he came up with for his Adamovic bass guitar are some of my favorite solo bass pieces that I've ever heard.

13. Al Bass

Al Bass

Eric is awesome! He definitely plays outside the box in a very creative and cool way. He creates great music, simply put.

Some try to put him down because he doesn't play traditional meat and potato bass (which he can and does). But hey, so what? He's playing what HE wants to play.

His approach to playing utilizes every imaginable technique including tapping, slapping, chording, finger style, and more.

Yes, he plays ERB - fretted and fretless, as well as a 4 string and he's creating beautiful music. Should it matter that he does it with 6 & 7 string basses?

And again, he's playing how and what HE wants. The man's happy doing his own thing. I, for one, appauld him for forging his own path. Finally, something different. Keep up the great work Eric!

14. Barkless Dog

Barkless Dog Barkless to a point

Excellent musician and inspiring and very professional little videos he does.