1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Ernie Ball Earthwood Acoustic

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ling837, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Ling837

Ling837

2. dhsierra1

dhsierra1

not sure what the going price is on those but they're a great sounding ABG and hard to find. Very deep body like a guitarron so it can be a little awkward to play. Very well built. I had a nice Ibanez ABG some time ago and it doesn't hold a candle to the Earthwood. I think back in the day Bonnie Raitt's bassist Freebo used one as did the guy for the Violent Femme's.

A friend of mine has one and uses it quite a bit to great effect. Use good contact pick ups under the bridge like K and K's, not the under the saddle quackers if you're going to amplify. Feedback can be a problem if you're not careful, like any acoustic guitar.

3. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Cool and very rare, but no way I'd drop that kinda dough....:meh:

4. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I love the night life, I got to boogie....
    Very hard to find but super ginormous in sise. These things are huge and very awkward to play.

Seems expensive, but I am unsure as I haven't seen one sell since the economy got so crappy.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

7. bassist4dalord

bassist4dalord

He ain't kiddin'- The Earthwood truly is the Holy Grail of acoustic basses. Man, I would love to just play one..