1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Ernie Ball Earthwood Acoustic

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ling837, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Ling837

Ling837

2. dhsierra1

dhsierra1

not sure what the going price is on those but they're a great sounding ABG and hard to find. Very deep body like a guitarron so it can be a little awkward to play. Very well built. I had a nice Ibanez ABG some time ago and it doesn't hold a candle to the Earthwood. I think back in the day Bonnie Raitt's bassist Freebo used one as did the guy for the Violent Femme's.

A friend of mine has one and uses it quite a bit to great effect. Use good contact pick ups under the bridge like K and K's, not the under the saddle quackers if you're going to amplify. Feedback can be a problem if you're not careful, like any acoustic guitar.
  3. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Cool and very rare, but no way I'd drop that kinda dough....:meh:
  4. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

Very hard to find but super ginormous in sise. These things are huge and very awkward to play.

Seems expensive, but I am unsure as I haven't seen one sell since the economy got so crappy.
  5. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

6. bassist4dalord

bassist4dalord

He ain't kiddin'- The Earthwood truly is the Holy Grail of acoustic basses. Man, I would love to just play one..