Ernie Ball earthwood bass- acoustic

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bochafish, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Bochafish

Bochafish

Never saw one of these, one up for sale in Chicago CL. Just thought I'd share. Wish I had the cash.

Ernie Ball Earthwood Bass Guitar

A bass guitar for the collecors; A very rare Ernie Ball Earthwood Bass, this bass is # 515 with production starting at 500 means this bass is the 15th bass made in 1972 or 73, only 552 were made during its production. I am the original owner and purchased this bass new in 1974. All hand made in the US with the finest hardwoods, these guitars have been sold for many thousands of dollars and don't come up for sale very often. This one is especially rare because it is one of 25 made with the extra deep body of 8 1/4" with dual Walnut pick guards, the standard model had a 7" deep body with no pick guard on them. These basses have booming acoustic sound. This bass is in excellent condition, neck is straight, no wear on frets but has a few dings on the body, it also has a fresh set of Ernie Ball Earthwood strings. Asking price is $ 5000.00 or best offer SERIOUS INQUIRES ONLY and this is a cash only deal. This could be your only chance to own one of these rare bass guitars.

2. Johnny Alien

Johnny Alien

They are rare but that price is still way too high.

3. CORBS

CORBS

I've seen those sell for a quarter of the asking price on eBay. Yes, they are some of the loudest acoustic bass guitars ever made. They are also enormous and since they haven't made them in 30 years, so finding one that's not banged up or damaged is very VERY rare. There have been calls to re-issue this for a long time. EB does not make acoustic instruments anymore, so I doubt a real U.S.-made version will ever re-appear, but maybe an import in the future?