1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Ernie Ball Music Man The Game Changer 6 string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Aboy, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Aboy

Aboy

Hi, I recently tried a music man game changer bass at a local music store and I loved it! My only problem with it was that it seems to only be available in a 4 string model and I mostly play 6 string bass'. So I was wondering if anyone knows if their is a 6 string model, or a 6 string version of a similar bass.
    Thanks.
  2. cybersnyder

cybersnyder Always groove.... Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist: Xsonics cabinets
    I highly doubt there will be a 6 string gamechanger. I don't think the gamechanger is selling as well as anticipated, but that's just based on buzz. I obviously have no hard sales data.
  3. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 Supporting Member

I dont think the Gamechanger was really meant to sell like hotcakes. Sterling Ball himself has already stated that he'll probably never make a profit off of it, iirc.
  4. Aboy

Aboy

Ok, thanks, I can still hope though ;)
  5. Aboy

Aboy

Does anyone know if their's at least a 6 string model of the reflex bass?
  6. Epitaph04

Nope. The Bongo is the only bass guitar available in 6 strings....unless you want that Silhouette 6 string guitar bass thing.
  7. Aboy

Aboy

Ok, thanks, guesse I'll be getting a bongo then. I haven't tried them but I love the tone that john myung gets and he uses one so it should be something like what I'm looking for.
  8. king_biscuit

king_biscuit Supporting Member

If I were in the market for a six string it would be a Bongo. I would try to find a light one, though.
  9. Epitaph04

Depends what John Myung tone you want. A lot of it is just EQ, but his tone from, lets say BC&SL to ADTOE is very different. Either way the Bongo can pull either off, I'm sure. It's all in the EQ and the Bongo's got a good one!
  10. Aboy

Aboy

Ya, right now I have an ltd b-206 sm, it's nice, and I do like the tone but it's no music man bass, and it's sooooooooooo heavy!
  11. Epitaph04

The Bongo 6 isnt exactly light, just so you know.
  12. Shinyflavors7

Shinyflavors7

I don't believe there is, because if there was I'd have sold my car already to buy one.
  13. Aboy

Aboy

Ya, that would be pretty amazing!
  14. Aboy

Aboy

Damn, but my ltd is so heavy, I just hope the bongo's a little lighter, after about 20 minutes with the strap on, my shoulder starts to really hurt!
  15. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist Supporting Member

A Roscoe Century Standard is a fantastic 6, if you can find a used one the price would be in the same ballp[ark as a Bongo6. The Bongo has that Bongo pre though, and that pre is as flexible as an Olympic gymnast.
  16. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

I'm guessing EBMM would not have bothered to produce a 6-string bass at all, if not for trying to snag John Myung's endorsement.
  17. Tunaman

Tunaman Supporting Member

Theres a Bongo 6 up for sale on classifieds right now... make it happen man, those are rare & awesome !
  18. Epitaph04

Well yeah the only reason there's a Bongo 6 around is because of John Myung.
  19. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist Supporting Member

And his is 6 strings on a 5 string neck, with the pre set flat and sunk into the bass to it can't be changed :)