1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Ernie Ball Music Man The Game Changer 6 string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Aboy, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Aboy

Aboy

Dec 3, 2010
    Hi, I recently tried a music man game changer bass at a local music store and I loved it! My only problem with it was that it seems to only be available in a 4 string model and I mostly play 6 string bass'. So I was wondering if anyone knows if their is a 6 string model, or a 6 string version of a similar bass.
    Thanks.

2. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Always groove.... Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Columbia, Md
    I highly doubt there will be a 6 string gamechanger. I don't think the gamechanger is selling as well as anticipated, but that's just based on buzz. I obviously have no hard sales data.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 EBMM Nut

Jul 5, 2010
    Santa Barbara, CA
    I dont think the Gamechanger was really meant to sell like hotcakes. Sterling Ball himself has already stated that he'll probably never make a profit off of it, iirc.

5. Aboy

Aboy

Dec 3, 2010
    Ok, thanks, I can still hope though ;)

6. Aboy

Aboy

Dec 3, 2010
    Does anyone know if their's at least a 6 string model of the reflex bass?

7. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 EBMM Nut

Jul 5, 2010
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Nope. The Bongo is the only bass guitar available in 6 strings....unless you want that Silhouette 6 string guitar bass thing.

8. Aboy

Aboy

Dec 3, 2010
    Ok, thanks, guesse I'll be getting a bongo then. I haven't tried them but I love the tone that john myung gets and he uses one so it should be something like what I'm looking for.

9. king_biscuit

king_biscuit Supporting Member

May 21, 2006
    US
    If I were in the market for a six string it would be a Bongo. I would try to find a light one, though.

10. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 EBMM Nut

Jul 5, 2010
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Depends what John Myung tone you want. A lot of it is just EQ, but his tone from, lets say BC&SL to ADTOE is very different. Either way the Bongo can pull either off, I'm sure. It's all in the EQ and the Bongo's got a good one!

11. Aboy

Aboy

Dec 3, 2010
    Ya, right now I have an ltd b-206 sm, it's nice, and I do like the tone but it's no music man bass, and it's sooooooooooo heavy!

12. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 EBMM Nut

Jul 5, 2010
    Santa Barbara, CA
    The Bongo 6 isnt exactly light, just so you know.

13. I don't believe there is, because if there was I'd have sold my car already to buy one.

14. Aboy

Aboy

Dec 3, 2010
    Ya, that would be pretty amazing!

15. Aboy

Aboy

Dec 3, 2010
    Damn, but my ltd is so heavy, I just hope the bongo's a little lighter, after about 20 minutes with the strap on, my shoulder starts to really hurt!

16. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    A Roscoe Century Standard is a fantastic 6, if you can find a used one the price would be in the same ballp[ark as a Bongo6. The Bongo has that Bongo pre though, and that pre is as flexible as an Olympic gymnast.

17. I'm guessing EBMM would not have bothered to produce a 6-string bass at all, if not for trying to snag John Myung's endorsement.

18. Tunaman

Tunaman Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    Theres a Bongo 6 up for sale on classifieds right now... make it happen man, those are rare & awesome !

19. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 EBMM Nut

Jul 5, 2010
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Well yeah the only reason there's a Bongo 6 around is because of John Myung.

20. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    And his is 6 strings on a 5 string neck, with the pre set flat and sunk into the bass to it can't be changed :)