1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Ernie Ball Super Slinky Bass 5 ???

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Woodguest, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Woodguest

Woodguest

I would like to ask, what is your opinion for Strings Ernie Ball Super Slinky Bass 5?
    I have a five string jazz bass.
    Thanx![​IMG]
  2. Mikhail1

Mikhail1

Hate to be short but here goes- lots of people like them and lots of people hate them. I have used Ernie Ball and like them just fine. They only way YOU will know is to buy and use them. Plenty of people will tell you they die in a matter of hours. That was not my experience and they seemed to last as long as most of the major brands of nickel strings. It's not like they cost a lot of money so I say go with them.
  3. lowendblues

lowendblues Supporting Member

I've just bought 5 (4 string sets), to try on my basses. So far I'm comparing them really close to D'Addario XL1710's. A little bit more tension I think.
  4. Woodguest

Woodguest

Thanks a lot! I'll take them :)