1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

ersploded 210

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by funk generator, Feb 20, 2014.

1. funk generator

funk generator Supporting Member

I've had an Epifani PS210 with blown speakers that's been sitting in storage for the last few years and figured it might be fun to make it functional again. Only problem is I have no idea what I'm doing.

I was wondering if anyone knew some nice sounding replacement speakers that won't break the bank. The cab was originally 8ohms. I'm not sure if that matters since I'm replacing both speakers. If it were possible to make it 4ohms that would be preferred.

Help is much appreciated. Please forgive my ignorance, I'm not very tech savvy.

2. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

Reconing may be possible. They throw away everything but the magnet and frame, essentially it's a new speaker if it's done correctly.

For replacements, many can help if you measure the box and porting. Otherwise you're looking for the very few who have the direct experience with that cab.

3. grenadilla

grenadilla

Try Avatar for some Celestions. 200 watts each,42 ounce magnets, 2" voice coil- less than $50 each. I got a 210 with these speakers and it has some punchy mids and can get loud .

4. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Epifani is a manufacturer with a good name. If you want the box to work as it originally did, then Epi drivers are what you should use. Just about anything else will end up in a crapshoot!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. funk generator

funk generator Supporting Member

Thanks for the input guys! I have a friend who took the speakers out, I'll have to see if he still has them to try reconing. I'll try to get over an measure the cab as well.

Bassman, I've considered calling Epifani, but my dealings with them have left me with not the best attitude in the past. Ordering speakers likely wouldn't run into the same issue, but I have to convince my brain of that.

7. bgavin

bgavin

OP, reconing probably will not work, as the drivers are most likely an OEM to Epifani, and different from retail cones.

8. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

That's what I was thinking too.

9. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder