1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

ESP 6 string 25.5 scale guitar.

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Brian Crawford, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Brian Crawford

Brian Crawford

Make this short. Want to know if the D'addario EXL158 (13*17*26w*36*46*62) will be ok for my 25.5 scale 6 string ESP guitar tuned BEADF#B and please don't tell me to get a 7 string because if I wanted a 7 string I wouldn't be asking this.
  2. RBS_Johnson

RBS_Johnson

You could get a set of strings for a seven string and not use the high E. The gauges you listed may be a bit floppy tuned that low. Keep in mind that I have some experience with this, bu I'm no expert.
  3. Brian Crawford

Brian Crawford

Hey RBS_Johnson I hear ya on the floppiness but these are one of Daddario's baritone sets so that is why I thought they would work thats if baritone strings have more tension then regular strings.
  4. MattS

MattS

that should work fine. I have an electric guitar that's either 25" or 25.5" scale (I forget which) and I keep it tuned BEADF#B. I was using ernie ball 12-56 set, which was pretty nice, but recently switched to a 7 string set and tossed the high E making it 14-58, thought I'd try thicker strings so it would feel more like my acoustic guitar with the wound G string. 14-58 feels better to me, but 12-56 sounded better tone-wise; I think if I replace the nut it might resolve the issue.
  5. Brian Crawford

Brian Crawford

Cool MattS thanks for the reply and I've decided to try that baritone set and will try some 7 string sets and as you said will get rid of the highest string.