1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

ESP LTD C-305 Set up

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by ouchababy, Dec 4, 2013.

1. ouchababy

ouchababy

I recently came into one of the above stated basses. I can not find the stock string gauge or set up specs. Really I can't find out anything about this bass. I need to set it up as it has an awful set up on it now. all I know is it's a 4 string with a 35" scale. Little help? Thanks.
  2. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Just use the universal set-up guides as they apply to just about every bass known to man. Strings: 40-100 or 45-105 if going roundwound. Check string brand specs to ensure the length is adequate for a 35" bass. Set-up:

*Relief .012-.014 fretted at the first and last frets

*String height 1/16" @ G string, 3/32 @ E string

Good starting points, but...YMMV.

Riis
  3. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Very good info. I just bought one of these in a 5-string model. I used D'Addario EXL .050 .070 .085 .105 & .130 on my last 34" Ibanez and really liked the tension and tone. Any issues using the heavier gauge on this 35" scale? Thx.

Attached Files:

4. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

I can't think of any provided you make the necessary adjustments to the relief. May feel somewhat different under the fingers but the perception will be skewed by the extended scale to a degree. I generally stick with 45-125/128's but that's just me. Either way, I have no doubt that the bass is adequately engineered to accommodate the slightly heavier gauge string set...not to worry.

Riis