ESP LTD C-305 Set up

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by ouchababy, Dec 4, 2013.

1. ouchababy

ouchababy

I recently came into one of the above stated basses. I can not find the stock string gauge or set up specs. Really I can't find out anything about this bass. I need to set it up as it has an awful set up on it now. all I know is it's a 4 string with a 35" scale. Little help? Thanks.

2. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Just use the universal set-up guides as they apply to just about every bass known to man. Strings: 40-100 or 45-105 if going roundwound. Check string brand specs to ensure the length is adequate for a 35" bass. Set-up:

*Relief .012-.014 fretted at the first and last frets

*String height 1/16" @ G string, 3/32 @ E string

Good starting points, but...YMMV.

Riis

3. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Very good info. I just bought one of these in a 5-string model. I used D'Addario EXL .050 .070 .085 .105 & .130 on my last 34" Ibanez and really liked the tension and tone. Any issues using the heavier gauge on this 35" scale? Thx.

Attached Files:

4. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

I can't think of any provided you make the necessary adjustments to the relief. May feel somewhat different under the fingers but the perception will be skewed by the extended scale to a degree. I generally stick with 45-125/128's but that's just me. Either way, I have no doubt that the bass is adequately engineered to accommodate the slightly heavier gauge string set...not to worry.

Riis

5. Register to disable this ad