ESP Ltd. RB 1006 six string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RDT, Mar 24, 2014.

1. RDT

RDT

Last Wednesday FedEx dropped off my new ESP LTD RB1006BM from Sweetwater. I've been wanting a 6 for awhile and thought it was time. After a quick and dirty setup, I rehearsed Thursday with it and played it live Friday and Saturday nights. I was really surprised how easily it played...not like holding onto a log. While the nut is slightly wider, of course, the my Lakland's, it is by no means uncomfortable or hard to get used to.

Couple things:
    1.) Suggestions on strings? I'm thinking a set of Deep Talkin' Flats. This guitar will mainly be used for R&B and Blues.

2.) Suggestions on another eq? I'm not too excited with the limits of the factory 2 band. I'm thinking of adding a 3 pos toggle for the pups and taking the current pup knob and using it for the 3rd knob for a new eq.

Comments, suggestions, concerns?!?!

Here's a pic...
    IMG_1733.jpg

2. Thunderbroom

Thunderbroom

I'm in the market for my first 6. Why did you choose this one over others?

3. Daniel Piper

Daniel Piper Supporting Member

SWEET bass! I would think that your balance knob and 2 band should be plenty of EQ

4. RDT

RDT

Mainly the pups config.

IMO, the 2 band is too limited.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. gary m

gary m

For strings, I'd suggest GHS flats...less tension than the LaBellas, smoother to the touch and a stronger fundamental, IMO.

7. groovybass83gr

groovybass83gr

Hello, I cant really suggest you anything since I dont know how this bass sounds!!!

Do you think there is a possibility to upload in youtube a video to show us how it sounds? (or in soundcloud)

Furthermore as a personal favour to me, because I am thinking to buy this bass, give us a feedback about your impressions like craftmanship, quality, tone flexibility etc, but the most important thing sound sample to understand this damn thing how it sounds!!

Thank you, and looking forward for your reply!!!

8. gary m

gary m

GHS precision flats. I buy my six string sets through Carvin's website.