ESP SB -4 Active Pickups????

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by jameson>~+, Aug 22, 2007.

1. jameson>~+

jameson>~+

Hey!...i was wondering if anyone had any info on the ESP SB-4 Active Pickups. They came stock in my bass and i wanted to know some more about them....

Like are they good? Bad? Ok? or whatever ;)

Thanks

:bassist:

2. bass-shy

bass-shy

Well.............do you like the way your bass sounds? If you do, I would say that the pickups are good for you.

3. jameson>~+

jameson>~+

Good point...lol
    Yeah, i like em, i just wanted to know something about em.
    thanx

4. bass-shy

bass-shy

I'm not very familiar with the SB-4 set, but I really like the PJ set that came stock in my ESP LTD B-50. The P pickup is especially thick and full sounding. IMO, ESP has some decent quality house brand electronics. I assume that the SB-4's are no different. They probably compare favorably to other companies' house brand electronics, but likely can't compete with most aftermarket items.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. absolutezero

absolutezero

Got a ESP Ax 104 . Thumbs up for the SB-4

7. CoffeeBass

CoffeeBass Supporting Member

I am not all that experienced, but I just spent 4 hours playing every bass I could get my hands this weekend at GC and other stores and the ESP I played (not sure of the model but it had a from-the-factory vintage look. around $1400. P/J setup. fender style body) had an incredible sound to it with esp pups in it. especially the p pup was punchy, warm and clear.

Just my experience, hope it helps..:D

CB

8. Emergancy Exit

Emergancy Exit

^^ yeah but that particular model of pickups is custom wound to sound like a true "vintage" bass im prety certin

9. bass-shy

bass-shy

Actually, that bass comes stock with Seymour Duncans.

10. rimmry

rimmry

The esp pickups are pretty good. I still have my first bass, an ESP LTD B-104 (my avatar by the way), and i'm not selling it to no one! For two reasons: first, because it's the most comfortable bass I ever played on, and second, because the pickups on it, sb-4, are also fitted on a bass, which is about double or maybe even triple the price. any way, my point, those are some pretty decent pickups. (also two things, one, sorry for bad English, i'm from Israel, and second, what bass do you have?)

11. rimmry

rimmry

also I know it's an old discussion, I was searching on google pickups, and this post was the first option (probably because i'm a member here)