1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Eugene Wright's Bass

Discussion in 'Bassists [DB]' started by Robert Strickland, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Robert Strickland

Robert Strickland Supporting Member

Anyone know anything about the Busetto-cornered bass that Eugene played?

2. Don C

Don C

Jan 13, 2007
    Victoria BC
    I believe it's currently listed for sale on the I.S.B. website.
    Check out the "Basses for sale" section

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. massimo

massimo

Jul 29, 2006
    Paris (France)
    If you have the patience to search in some talkbass posts you can find something. I think it was bought from a music instr. auction for about 25k some years ago. A well known bass merchant put it up for sale for a crazy price (like 75K) . No one was buying it for that price and i think it went down to 45K-50k. Now its for sale from a private seller on the ISB classifieds. On youtube there are many videos of E. Wright playing this bass with Dave Bruebeck. There is a really good version of a ballad (if i remember well Those foolish Things) where he plays a really nice melody and solo and you can hear well the bass. I have never played it but it should be a great sounding bass (and nice looking for sure). Hope this helps.

5. Robert Strickland

Massimo, I think this is the video:

Thanks guys. I was really wondering who the maker was. Haven't been able to track it down. I looked, but couldn't find that ad on ISB - maybe it was sold.

Thanks again.

6. Robert Strickland