1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Euphonic Audio IAMP 600 Overheat??

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by mordechai, Jan 12, 2014.

1. mordechai

mordechai Supporting Member

I got a Gator rack bag for my IAMP 600 and I think it doesn't allow enough air flow. A couple times the amp has shut down (does not produce sound) but seems to remain on. The preamp lights still light up, but no sound comes out. I reproduced the problem at home once, and when I took the amp out of the bag I noticed it was warmer than I've ever felt it before.

Turning the amp off and on again fixes it. Does anyone know if that's how this amp is designed? I emailed the company about it as well, I'm just being impatient and I thought maybe someone here knows.

Thanks!

2. dincz

dincz

As the fans are on the side of the amp, it's likely that the rack bag is limiting airflow.

3. PazzoBasso

PazzoBasso

I've found EA's customer service to be very good - they should have some answers for you, but it is likely due to the new rack bag limiting air flow (as you mentioned)...

I have an iamp 350 & the fan blows out through the back, but the air intake is on the bottom (so I leave space below)... Your fans are on the sides, so different situation...

4. mordechai

mordechai Supporting Member

Yeah they got back to me and said heat build up would cause the signal to be intermittent. Swapped it back to the store for the standard hard case and no problem now. Had a gig the other night where I backlined my rig, no problems whatsoever.

5. Register to disable this ad