1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Eventide H9

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Tim_Mofunk, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Tim_Mofunk

Tim_Mofunk

2. Jean Baudin

Jean Baudin

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: See Profile
    I've had one pre-ordered for a few weeks now. lol
  3. Tim_Mofunk

Tim_Mofunk

Have you seen the prices for the add on effects through the app?
  4. Jean Baudin

Jean Baudin

Disclosures:
    $20 each. Don't need too many of them.
  5. tomhanzo

tomhanzo

I was excited till I saw the price tag for this.
  6. Tim_Mofunk

Tim_Mofunk

Price isn't too bad. Looks like something you need to invest a bit of time into but I'm sure you would get a lot out of it. Particularly in studio.

The real question is the good old "where should I put this in my signal chain?"
  7. tomhanzo

tomhanzo

Just under $600 is not for the average player lol.
  8. Tim_Mofunk

Tim_Mofunk

Who wants to be average? Yeah the price is high but some people pay $10k plus for a bass so...
  9. tomhanzo

tomhanzo

Lol true. I just know it's much nicer than I need :D.
  10. Tim_Mofunk

Tim_Mofunk

Sure looks nice. Worst part is that you can only use 1 effect at a time by looks... So you may need to buy 2 or 3 of them. Lol
  11. tomhanzo

tomhanzo

Only one effect at a time? I figured it would be like the zoom products. Patches for multiple effects is what I like about multi effects.

I guess it would be nice to have any of their pedals at your disposal when you want it. Pitch shift on this song and delay on a different one.
  12. Tim_Mofunk

Tim_Mofunk

I've only looked at some of the info available. But looking at the app that connects via Bluetooth it certainly looks like one effect at a time.
  13. doubleohnodj

doubleohnodj

Any new opinions on this bad boy? I can get an amazing price through work and I'm considering selling my flashback and ps-5 to help fund it. I did get quoted a 4-6 week wait as well and I don't want to commit to that agony without being 100% sure...

I plan on using it for delay, chorus, phaser, occasional reverb, and whammy effects. Might combine it with a this1smyne order switcher to use the Octaver effects and synth sounds earlier in the chain if I can afford it down the line.
  14. Matt Dean

Matt Dean Supporting Member

Jean, did you get yours? I just read up on this thing and instantly got a rocket in my pocket for one!
  15. Jean Baudin

Jean Baudin

Disclosures:
    Behndy and I both have one. It's goooooood.
  16. Matt Dean

Matt Dean Supporting Member

F#ck, I was afraid you'd say that. Maybe once I'm done traversing the La Brea Tar Pits of my divorce :mad: I might be able to afford one.
  17. DenisLM

DenisLM

How are the tracking of the H9?
    Works good in low notes?
  18. johnbegone

johnbegone Supporting Member

I wanted to bump this thread to see if anyone else has comments on the H9. I've been looking at more advanced phasers that can do some versatile things, but then I realize I could spend a little more money and get the H9. Would love to know what you guys think about it on bass?
  19. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix Supporting Member

I have a borrowed one...AMAZING.
    I already have a PitchFactor and ModFactor so I am familiar with Eventide stuff. I think it is a great way to get a lot of sounds that you don't use all of the time but are very crucial to particular songs.
  20. morebassbaby

morebassbaby Spector Club member #379 Supporting Member

Man, between this and a Strymon mobious there is so much sonic ground covered on my board. I know everybody is concerned about using only one effect at a time on this unit but when you consider how complex the eventide algorithms are it's a non issue to me, each one itself combining reverbs and delays ect. This is the cleanest, clearest "multi effects" pedal I've ever used. Expensive? Yes. Worth it? Yes....and I have yet to even give the time this thing deserves to pull out it's full potential. Imho