1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Ever como across electonica/houses live gigs?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Tombolino, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Tombolino

Tombolino

....? or is it mostly studio based....?

2. bass12

bass12 Fueled by chocolate Supporting Member

Do you mean live bands playing music typically made with computers? I've seen various bands attempt various styles of electronic music over the years (one that comes to mind is The New Deal out of Toronto) but I find that, most of the time, electronic music sounds best when produced in the studio.

3. MrFrancis

MrFrancis

Well in NYC there's a bunch of people that do that...I've a seen some pretty creative stuff

With bass in particular I've seen them use pedals and Alot of effects with computers...also alot of DJ/Musicians out there who master looping and sampling there own instruments.

4. Tombolino

Tombolino

Yes in Nyc i have seen some in Brooklyn. Best thing ive seen is Lcd Soundsystem live but they are hybrid.

Most live electronica acts dont get that they need to bring out in the setup a quality interface. Out direct from the computer headphone out sux.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Tombolino

Tombolino

Deep house music has amazing bass lines

7. bass12

bass12 Fueled by chocolate Supporting Member

When the producer chooses the right parts! I remember hearing one track I'd recorded for a house producer on the radio one night (for the session he let the tape run and I blurted out a bunch of different ideas). I thought, "Hmm - that sounds familiar". Then I realised it was me playing and at one point I thought, "What?! He chose that part?!!" :D

8. dalahorse

dalahorse

Orbital. YouTube them!