Ever hear of an Aria Pro SB 850?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ronin614, Mar 12, 2014.

1. ronin614

ronin614

I'm waiting for pictures of a bass that I'm considering buying.
    The guy said he thinks it's an Aria Pro SB800 or SB850? Does anyone have any info on these? I've never heard of an SB800. Also, he said it's sunburst, and I don't think I've ever seen a sunburst SB.

How can I figure out what model it is and what should i look for? Did the SB ever come in sunburst?

Thanks
    S-
  2. ronin614

ronin614

Also, he said it looks like an similar to an SB900 or SB1000 and it's a bolt-on.
  3. tbear1776

tbear1776

4. Winston TK

Winston TK Hairpiece Adventurer Supporting Member

There was definitely an SB800. It was a two-pickup model similar to the SB900. Its neck however was either a bolt-on or a set-neck, rather than the usual neck-through you would normally find on basses in the SB line. And as far as a sunburst finish, this DID exist. It was primarily found on models that were only sold in Japan (i.e. for the domestic Japanese market). These were glorious finishes! They ranged from yellow-to-orange, to yellow-to-dark brown, with a few variations in between. I own a 1982 SB-R80 that has a finish that I like to call "cinnamon burst". Essentially it's grades of reddish rust. Beautiful.

Best of luck in checking out that SB800! Be sure to keep us informed.
  5. Register to disable this ad