Ever hear the supergroup Black Country Communion?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Richland123, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Richland123

Richland123

Ever hear the supergroup Black Country Communion?

Black Country Communion is an English-American hard rock band based in Los Angeles, California. Formed in 2009, the band is a supergroup comprising bassist and vocalist Glenn Hughes, guitarist and vocalist Joe Bonamassa, drummer Jason Bonham, and keyboardist Derek Sherinian.

Here is their latest album (their 3rd album) in its entirety

2. klejst

klejst

I have heard a lot of those musicians names, but amazingly enough I personally never heard of the band. Perhaps I have just lived under a rock or something. But you got me interested in checking them out now though.

3. Fair Warning

Fair Warning Deliverin' the Goods! Supporting Member

Yep.....the music is what you would expect, but they dont get much publicity

4. markkoelsch

markkoelsch

Heard and dig it. They are a kickass band. You want straight up rockin music look no further.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

I'm sure bassybill could tell you at great length as to where the name comes from :)

7. jerry

jerry Definitely not trending Gold Supporting Member

I dig them alot especially the second album......takes me back to early 70's hard rock. Hughes and Bonamass are both animals!

8. blipndub

blipndub Supporting Member

This is great, love Glenn Hughs' playing

Checking out the vids looks like he's sporting his Nashguitars pbass for the most part

9. christle

christle Supporting Member

And his singing. All around great musician.

10. twocargar

twocargar Supporting Member

Glen Hughes said because of Joe's the guitarists touring, this will be their last album. :( They are great! Hughes' voice reminds me so much of Gary Moore's (RIP)--I know they were friends. I love his bass playing too. Derek Sherinian (formerly of Dream Theater) is my new favorite keyboardist.

11. qervo

qervo

Glen Hughs use to be in a trio rock group called Trapeze , before Deep Purple. Anyways check out the album Medusa (1971) by Trapeze. Talk about good.

12. chienmort

chienmort

The bass line on the title track of the Trapeze album "You are the music, we're just the band" got me into the bass.

It was a mystery to me why Deep Purple needed to recruit another singer when Hughes joined as he was better than David Coverdale.

It isa shame if they don't gig again or make another album. Bonamassa is a great guitarist but he is acting like a superstar session musician.

His latest "project" is a funk inspired and sounds good but Black Country Communion are special.

The whole of the live DVD "Live over Europe" can be seen on YouTube and it is worth a look and listen.

On the first BCC album there is a bass riff on "Stand by the burning tree" that took my breath away.

BTW the name Black Country is given to the West Midlands of England where both Hughes and Bonham are from. It was the industrial heartland of Britain. Birmingham, Wolverhampton, West Bromwich & Walsall are some of the Black Country towns/cities.

13. qervo

qervo

Good to know. Thanks for the YouTube DVD recommendation . I'll look for it.