1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

ever heard of Barry Sullivan?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by hanx, Oct 9, 2009.

1. hanx

hanx

I’m wondering how famous/notorious Barry Sullivan is? I just met his son in a bar.

I’ve never heard him (or even heard of him), but i tend to listen to only new Aussie stuff, old British stuff, and weird German stuff... so Aussie stuff from before i was born isn't in my zone.

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Supporting Member

3. bodzhar

bodzhar

I have!

He was to me without doubt the best bass player in Australia in the 70s.

He inspired me to start playing bass after I saw him in the first line up of Ross Wilson's Mondo Rock around 1977 where he completely mesmerised me with his time and pulse . He was possibly the first to really master funk bass in oz. Heres a link to live performance with the Renee Geyer band in the mid 70s. Check out his work with Chain too

4. Mr. Sound

Mr. Sound Supporting Member

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. jamro217

jamro217

Sadly, he passed away a couple of years ago (I think). He replaced George McArdle in The Little River Band in '79 or '80, at least in the studio and appeared on "First under the wire".