1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Everything U Wanna Know 'Bout Ryan Martinie's Gear!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bass element, Sep 13, 2004.

1. bass element

bass element

Main bass: warwick thumb 4-string, ebony fingerboard, chrome hardware, nickel frets.

Back-up basses: Thumb 4, rosewood neck and gold hardware. Also two Thumb 5 stringers with ebony and rosewood necks and bubinga bodies & also a fretless Pedulla Buzz 4.

Strings: all get Dr Hi-Beams .045-.105 with a .135 5th string, tuned GCGCF and CGCF. Sets action high for live shows and low for recording.

Pickips: always runs pickups full on and turns his bass active controls all the way up.

Live Setup: runs his bass into a Shure UHF U4D dualk-channel wireless unit, Whirlwind multi-selector, dbx 160 compressor, Ampeg SVT-4Pro head on an SVT PR-810H 8x10 cabinet. Also has a BSS AR133 direct box that runs from the SVT-4Pro's effect loop.

Recording setup: Full Ampeg rig, plus an SWR Workingman's 10 Head driving Greg Tribbett's Mesa/Boogie 4x12 guitar cabinet for added midrange and top end.

Pretty cool stuff. I put this out just in caseanyone was sying tryin to search for this kinda info, i kno i was but i finally got this old ass edition of Bass Player Magazine that had a kickass interview and stuff. Bass Player Magazine kicks ass!!
  2. DarkMeteora

DarkMeteora

Do you know what straps he use? :help:
  3. ficsci

ficsci

Thanks for sharing! (^O^)