1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Evilectric Uprights 420 pot leaf bass used at Seattle Hempfest

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by mjacks120, Sep 2, 2013.

1. mjacks120

mjacks120

This is the third Evilectric bass I have built. I originally built this for a green cross in Tacoma Wa. They closed down and backed out but I finished it anyway. This one was used once at the hempfest in Seattle. I can put just about any artwork on the top without changing the sound. I was asked to do a pot leaf, no prob!! This one is going up for sale and I'm asking you all to price it for me. Here's a link to a pic of it being used at the hempfest

htt[IMG]http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos...ux.com/photos/23/23/76/5062586/11/628x471.jpg

It is full scale 41 3/4, maple neck, ebony fingerboard, walnut top and back, flame maple leaf, Eurosonic strings, hand made aluminum and ebony bridge and tail piece, Schaller upright pickup, hipshot tuners Theres a few more pics on my fb page of the 420 and another bass I recently built https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000102982940
    Thanks
  2. Jsn

Jsn

Your link's rather broken. I'm thinking you meant it to be this:

[​IMG]

The musician is playing...what? Pottesini's Concerto #2? Domenico Take-a-Dragonetti's Adagio and Rondo?

Tuned to A 420hz?
  3. Ryker_M

Ryker_M

This is now my favorite post on this website. Thank you.

Neat looking bass though.
  4. Dave Irwin

Dave Irwin

I thought it was actually gonna be a bass made from hemp resin! If Ford could make a car body from it, it can't be impossible. And should be done!
  5. Feral Feline

Feral Feline

Well played sir. You just couldn't hemp yourself could you?

The bud in the pic turned over a new leaf, did a kid's show playing "Puff the Magic Dragonetti", and later passed out Tots' Hard Candy.

Orrrrr... he's playing the "Devil Went Down On Georgia":
    "Jonny resin up your bowl and play your bullfiddle hard, 'cause hemp's legal in California if you've got a medical card
    If you play Seattle Hempfest, remember that when you roll
    Your Cali-card means nothing there and you could wind up in the hole."
  6. mjacks120

mjacks120

Unfortunately its not legal.. Definately not impossible!! I was going to make this out of hemp board but cant get it in the states for less than 400 bucks for a
    4x8 sheet....Really dumb