1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

EWI roadcases?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by akaTRENT, May 26, 2009.

1. akaTRENT

akaTRENT

CASE CAME! FIRST IMPRESSION HERE!
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=555009

So I haven been searching for a roadcase for my svt and just came across something I cannot believe.

[​IMG]

I found This ewi case. for 170.00 bucks.
    It has 3/8 ply/abs panels.
    4 4" locking swivel casters.
    1" thick foam rubber inside all around.
    4 recessed latches.
    4 recessed handles (2 on each side)
    Aluminum edge work.
    Steel ball corners

With all the bells and whistles that would normally cost around 400.00+

It doesnt seem to be a bargain brand and I have read extremely good reviews. Does anyone have experience with these cases.

2. Vinny D

Vinny D

I use lots of products from Mark & Liz and they offer great products with matching service.

I have (3) different EWI cases that get hauled in/out of clubs every weekend and there cases work fine for me.

3. akaTRENT

akaTRENT

So I took the plunge and ordered an ewi tourcase. Liz was very nice, it felt like a mom and pop shop over the phone! Service was great. and hopefully the case will be great. I will post a a first impression of the case, and an overall review after my tour is over.

4. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Supporting Member

I've used several EWI cases over the years, from 18 space racks down to the current 3 space I'm using for my DB750.

They've all held up extremely well---in fact, they are the only rack/road cases I'll buy.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. rok51

rok51 Supporting Member

You made a wise choice. The EWI cases are better than anything that I have witnessed at their price point. Actually, I can honestly state that I believe you will be astounded at the quality when you receive your case. Liz and Mark are some of the best folks that you will come across in this business. Seriously. Mark is so honest that it hurts. I will continue to use Audiopile.net whenever I can.

Kim

PS: If you need cables-instrument or mic...search no further! Excellent quality at unbelievable prices. I buy bulk cable from them...I cannot make finished cabling any cheaper than Mark and Liz sell it for. I just buy the reels because I'm an old fart and like to make my own (oddball) cables!

7. modulusman

modulusman

both guitar players in my band bought EWI amp cases from audiopile. The cases are excellent value for the money.

8. akaTRENT

akaTRENT

So how did mark hurt ya? :bag:

9. akaTRENT

akaTRENT

So the case was supposed to arrive on monday... its getting here to today! GAS ATTACK!
    First impressions as soon as It arrives!

10. bertbassplayer

bertbassplayer

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Marco Bass Guitars
    I have a rack case from them, and it's really good quality and a good price. I actually ended up getting it in a trade and was so impressed with it I decided to look it up and was surprised about the price.

11. scowboy

scowboy Supporting Member

i have bought a couple of snakes from them and I agree that it's all top notch.

12. akaTRENT

akaTRENT

13. YCBass

YCBass

Disclosures:
    Endorser: Marco Bass Guitars, Dunlop Super Bright Bass Strings
    I use a 3 space for my Aguilar DB750 and couldn't be happier... Super quality case for a bargain price.

The reason I got one is because they were the only ones who offered a case with a shallow 14" depth in 3 space... Glad I took the leap. Awesome cases, you won't regret it!

14. hammer2748

hammer2748

I bought the same road case for my svt a little over a year ago and you won't regret the purchase. This thing is built to last and protect your gear. I cannot believe the quality for the price. Audiopile.net rocks.