1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

EWS Trilogic Bass Preamp II

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by NandoVieira, Nov 30, 2012.

1. NandoVieira

NandoVieira

Does anybody noticed little gain in this pedal.
    To get a little boost on may jazz bass 77 I have to turn the volume and the gain up to 3 o'clock.
    Is it normal?

2. NandoVieira

NandoVieira

3. LSMFT6

LSMFT6

Yeah, it's a very clean sound. It's great for subtle adjustments but i found that you have almost fight what the pedal is doing when trying to use it for major sound-sculpting.

4. NandoVieira

NandoVieira

The Eq is great, but with all the knobs set flat There is a gain reduction... is it normal?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. LSMFT6

LSMFT6

I think so. The EQ tended to be too interactive for me and any time i boosted something it would cut something else.

7. rimbaud

rimbaud Banned

That's normal do not worry, it's not a pedal ready for OD, the goal has never been there.

Now you can get some gritty sound with it: full gain !! the unity volume level is 1h volume and 10h gain ... well hum...to my own ears ok ?:rolleyes: I mostly play a passive jazz V.

This pedal is mostly a "studio-minded" thing to help you cut thru the mix, that's why I love it so much: you're never wrong with this tool for that.

a vid to help ya :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntYi-Ji0JCI

8. rimbaud

rimbaud Banned

one more very important thing: the active/passive switch, mind it ;) and also the transfo, better choose a dunlop 18V.

9. NandoVieira

NandoVieira

Thanks man! Actually I'm not trying to OD with the Trilogic... what Botters me is that with all the knobs set flat the signal of my Jazz Bass become little than normal, I have to tweak the volume and gain close to 3 o'clock to get the same volume... is it normal?

10. NandoVieira

NandoVieira

anyone else experienced this with the Trilogic?
    All controls set flat and there's a volume loss with passive bass, is it normal?

11. rimbaud

rimbaud Banned

What transfo do you use? or do you use batteries (they could be dying...) and ... again.. do you mind the active/passive switch ??

that's very important to know, cos' with a passive bass, that switch must be set on "passive", if it's set on "active" that may be your signal lost ;)

It's annoying of course if all those recommandations previously said are set correctly: right switch setup, right dunlop 18V transfo, no old batteries....

12. rimbaud

rimbaud Banned

Your pickups may also have issues, did you test them with another rig to hear if it was "normal" ??

13. NandoVieira

NandoVieira

Two New Alkaline Batteries.
    My pickups are perfect... and I did plugged a Squier Vintage Modified with Seymour Quarter Pound...
    The switch is on passive mode.
    With all knobs set flat... still there is a volume loss... I need to put the volume on 3 o'clock to have the same volume.

14. NandoVieira

NandoVieira

anyone here using the EWS Trilogic bass preamp that can help me?

15. rimbaud

rimbaud Banned

16. NandoVieira

NandoVieira

I did... no reply till now... but still waiting...
    Regards!

17. father of fires

father of fires Supporting Member

How hot are your pickups normally?

There is no single pickup volume (I wish!!!!).

I have a bass that is louder than some distortion pedals by itself.

18. Subersibo

Subersibo Supporting Member

I just tried both my passive jazz basses with my tri-logic 2 and there is NO gain reduction. There is a bit more gain when I turn the preamp on even with all controls at noon.
    When I got mine, I found that the vol knob was a bit loose so the thing under the plastic knob wasn't turning properly so I tightened that. Maybe you can take the vol and gain knobs off and make sure they are properly aligned with what's inside to make sure.

19. howlin

howlin

Just got this pre-amp last week. I run a passive P-bass thru it and have no problems with volume or gain settings. Right now the volume runs around 10-11 o'clock and the gain is round 2-3 for the sound I'm looking for. I'd just take it back if I were you. Start fresh with a new one.