1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Excellent Customer Service with Logitech...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Eric Perry, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Eric Perry

Eric Perry

There are always so many customer service horror stories, and dead-ends when dealing with large companies that it's nice when a company does the stand-up thing. I just had such an experience with Logitech...

For Christmas of 2011 I was given a Harmony One universal remote control. For those of you that have one, you know what a sick beast this is. For those of you that don't, trust, it's awesome. Anyway, over the past month I noticed my rechargeable battery life was getting horrible. Maybe 1-2 hours off the charging base, tops. I went to remove the battery to check part number and order a new one. After two years, I had no qualms spending the cash for the battery... Especially since the remote was out of warranty. Anyway, I came to find out the battery was all swollen, bulged, and completely stuck within the remote. I e-mailed Logitech, and after exchanging several messages with Zach, the CS rep, they are sending me a brand new Harmony Touch, which is the Harmony One's replacement.

They didn't give me a hard time, make me jump through hoops, or piss me off. They acknowledged the battery problem was fairly common, and righted the issue immediately. Keep in mind this is for a $250 remote control. Not something cheap.

I am so impressed with Logitech that I wanted to share my good experience. If any of you are in the market for a universal remote, I don't think you can beat any of the Logitech Harmony ones, and if you have an issue, they WILL take care of you!

2. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

They also make some of the best cheap computer mice on the market. My first one lasted me close to 6 years, and it was definitely put through the ropes since I traveled a lot with it and also gamed with it (sometimes angrily :p).

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    We have one of those remotes too. Great product. I only use Logitech keyboards and computer mice too. I love the Unifying software and single receiver.

Thanks for sharing the positive experience.

-Mike

4. Eric Perry

Eric Perry

Mike do you have the One or the Touch? I love the One and honestly would have preferred another of those. They said they are discontinued and none were available. Reviews of the Touch have been mixed. If you have the Touch, what are your experiences?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MJ5150

Media:
    Albums:
    I am still using the Cordless Trackman Wheel I got in April 2004. It gets heavy use every day. I clean the contacts weekly and replace the batteries now and then. No issues or problems.

-Mike

7. iamlowsound

iamlowsound

I have a Logitech mouse at home and liked it so much I bought one for work.

lowsound

8. HaMMerHeD

HaMMerHeD

Logitech's customer service is always outstanding, or at least always has been for me.

A few years ago, I had a G5 (about $65) mouse die about a week before the warranty was supposed to expire. They shipped me a replacement (new in full retail packaging) and had a courier pick up the broken mouse. Well it turned out that the replacement was broken. I called them and they overnighted me a new mouse (which worked fine) and gave me an extra year on the warranty for my trouble.

I only use Logitech for mice and keyboards.

9. Eric Perry

Eric Perry

That's awesome. With my issue, they didn't even request the harmony One back, which surprised the hell out of me. I'm going to try to disassemble it and get the old battery out so I can replace it. They told me not to try before I authorized the new remote, because if I did their deal of offering a replacement was out the window.

10. RS

RS Supporting Member

Can I ask what it does other than operates you TV and/or sound system?

11. MJ5150

Media:
    Albums:
    We have the One.

-Mike

12. Eric Perry

Eric Perry

I have mine to control my TV, satellite receiver, two audio receivers, Blu-Ray player, AC, and the lamps in my living room. The remote is highly customizable in that one button can carry out multiple operations including turning on multiple components, setting appropriate surround sound modes, dimming lights, even close blinds if you buy the parts to control them, etc. The options are pretty limitless.

I love the One. It seems Logitech took a step backward in the design of the Touch. I hope I'm wrong.

13. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD Supporting Member

$350 remote.. no thank you.

14. geeza

geeza

Disclosures:
    Huh?
    For that kinda dough, it better know how to make a grilled cheese.

15. Eric Perry

Eric Perry

:D

16. RS

RS Supporting Member

Indeed.