1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Expensive instrument cables: Vovox Sonorous & Phil Jones BI-12

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Zenon, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Zenon

Zenon

Has anyone used any of these instrument cables and to what results?

Vovox "Sonorous"

Phil Jones "BI-12"
  2. landau roof

landau roof Reupholstered User Supporting Member

Both too cheap to gain size, but your erection will last a little longer.
  3. 96tbird

96tbird Supporter Supporting Member

4. Zenon

Zenon

Does this comment qualify as explicit language and the ensuing parental advisory?
  5. landau roof

landau roof Reupholstered User Supporting Member

Tipper Gore represent!
  6. Steveaux

Steveaux

$90 for a 12' cable?!?!?!?

A buck a foot is more like it.

Over-priced boutique cables are today's snake oil.
  7. Zenon

Zenon

The PJ cable costs $70 (in the US). The Vovox costs about $140 (in Germany) for the same length.

According to physics (due to differences in capacitance etc.), there should be a measurable difference. Whether this difference is also audible and whether the price for it is justifiable is probably the subject of a long discussion. I was just wondering whether anyone has ever used any of these.
  8. bmc

bmc

There are some comparison tests around. High end cables make a difference when recording. From my recording experience, I have never seen high end expensive cables.

If you are considering this for live application, I think they are a waste of money. Every room or every stage I have play affects the sound. I have never been convinced that high end cables will compensate for that.

Will high end cables make my sound so much better that I'll get more gigs? To me, the important criteria for cable selection is robust construction, durability and dependability.