Experience with Aguilar 4P-60??

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Scott McArron, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Scott McArron

Scott McArron

I've done a ton of searching and have found little info on this pickup either by itself or compared to others.

My current bass is a Fender Am Std P with Original 62 pickup. I have a similar Fender Am Dlx P/J on the way with N3s that I'll probably be replacing with a new P/J pup setup. Looking forward to comparing those two side-by-side, both black/maple 4-strings.

My goal here isn't to find a certain sound, but just want to get an idea of other peoples' experience with the Aguilars compared to other popular P pickups including the Original 62s and maybe the N3s. Just for curiousity's sake. Am thinking of the Aggie P/J set as a possible pup replacement. Like the idea of a set that has been made to work together.

2. jsbarber

jsbarber Supporting Member

I installed a 4P-60 on a nice US Lakland Duck Dunn that I bought used (it came to me with a neo pickup in it that I didn't care for). The 4P-60 does a very good job of capturing the vintage P-bass sound. I also have a pre-CBS precision so I am quite familiar with the tonal goal. I don't know anything about the j-sde if you're contemplating a PJ configuration though.

Jim