External device question

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by pglaser01, Feb 13, 2014.

1. pglaser01

pglaser01

Disclosures:
    If only I were that good....
    Hey guys,

So I've been using Presonus Audio box 1818 and so far love it the quality of preamps is insanely better than recording from our Peavey FX2 board ( can only record as a stereo file). We are however short a few inputs on the audiobox. I want to multi track two guitars, bass, drums and 3 vox. I can have more mic inputs if I connected an external device but the interface only connects by ADAT or SPDIF. My drummer has a lexicon 2 channel mic per, but no SPDIF only analog coaxial. Same with the board. Question...would a analog/digital converter allow the lexicon to multi track with the Presonus? Or would both inputs be stereo still? Same question with the mixing board??? If not I'm just gonna run all the vocals through the board with an aux out into the audiobox as stereo....Sorry for the lengthy question just wanted to give a clear picture

Thanks!!!
  2. mrmills

mrmills

The PreSonus should accept the extra two inputs via S/PDIF coaxial giving you a total of 10 inputs so all you need to do is get a A to D converter for the Lexicon. Had a look through the manual and it does not state anywhere that the you cannot use the analogue and digital inputs at the same time.