1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please make yourself at home! I've deleted the previous "migration" threads, please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Extra long Steel flat wound strings

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by DrKBass, Dec 16, 2012.

1. DrKBass

DrKBass

G'day. Im currently building a 2 string electric bush bass.
    Im after 2 extra thick (E) and extra long 1700mm steel (magnetic pickups) strings. They also have to be flat wound. Im not even sure they come in this length but before I have to resort to fencing wire I thought somebody may know of something along this line,
    Thanks DrKBass
  2. kozmikyak

kozmikyak

even if you can't find them, you can go to octave4plus.com and have them custom wind them.

It does cost some to have a whole set designed for a given instrument, but it's within reach.

they custom wind 2 strings for my E-cello.

They have a long backlog sometimes, but once they have the design worked out they generally wind up a few sets so they're on hand.
  3. DrKBass

DrKBass

Thanks kozmikyak,
    Will give them a try,
    Cheers DrK