1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Extremely Unusual Amp Problem/Situation

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by BassSurfer, Jan 24, 2013.

1. BassSurfer

BassSurfer Supporting Member

Well,

I just picked up an old Ampeg SVT400T which is not producing any sound at all. HOWEVER, for some reason, it is ONLY producing sound when all of the knobs are MAXED out (turned all the way to the right) The amplifier IS turning on and the lights are working too.

Even after the knobs are "maxed" it cuts out and the sound is gone after about two minutes or so. I can get my money back (I had one of these as a kid and wanted it for sentimental reasons) but I just wanted to know why it would be doing this in the first place.

Thanks everyone!
  2. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

Have you tried an instrument cable patching the effects send to effects return? Could be a corroded connection inside the effects return jack.
  3. HitByABlimp

HitByABlimp

There could be sooo many reasons for this kind of mailfunction, ranging from caps to pots to bad solder joints. I'd get it to a tech or your money back.
  4. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

+1 unless you got it for a super cheap price I would return it and look elsewhere.