Extremely Unusual Amp Problem/Situation

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by BassSurfer, Jan 24, 2013.

1. BassSurfer

BassSurfer Supporting Member

Well,

I just picked up an old Ampeg SVT400T which is not producing any sound at all. HOWEVER, for some reason, it is ONLY producing sound when all of the knobs are MAXED out (turned all the way to the right) The amplifier IS turning on and the lights are working too.

Even after the knobs are "maxed" it cuts out and the sound is gone after about two minutes or so. I can get my money back (I had one of these as a kid and wanted it for sentimental reasons) but I just wanted to know why it would be doing this in the first place.

Thanks everyone!

2. B-string

B-string Gold Supporting Member

Have you tried an instrument cable patching the effects send to effects return? Could be a corroded connection inside the effects return jack.

3. HitByABlimp

HitByABlimp

There could be sooo many reasons for this kind of mailfunction, ranging from caps to pots to bad solder joints. I'd get it to a tech or your money back.

4. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

+1 unless you got it for a super cheap price I would return it and look elsewhere.

5. Register to disable this ad