1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

F Bass Boost Pedal - Prototype - $185 shipped

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by ebulakowski, Jan 4, 2013.

1. ebulakowski

ebulakowski Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

Up for sale is a Fboost prototype. This pedal is essentially the F bass eq section mounted in a stomp box. I called George a while ago to confirm it. He said a few were out there, and the blue pots indicate its the real thing. The circuit looks identical to whats inside my Fbass.

The only difference I can tell between this and the current pedal is the volume knob.

I was using this with a modulus jazz bass I owned, but I am down to just my Fbass. You could also take the board out and mount it in a bass.

I am asking $170 shipped, which is what I have into it. I would consider a trade for a EBS ValveDrive.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0

I have a F Bass pedal and they are fantastic this is a great deal and let the buyer decide if they want the velcro or not if you aren't buying don't worry about it.
  3. ebulakowski

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

4. Mr. Ray

Mr. Ray

0   0   0

Browsing the ads..could not believe I saw this. I originally had George build it for me...he was reluctant at first but years later its a production item! Great EQ makes any passive bass better. By the way great price...I paid way more!
  5. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0

I agree and it can be operated at 18v's
  6. funkcicle

funkcicle

0   0   0

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but are the knobs "Treble", "Bass", and "Volume"? Thanks :)
  7. ebulakowski

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

The knobs are bass, mid, treble. All are boost only. If they are set at zero there should be no real tone shaping occurring. I am only moving it because I have a FBass with the identical eq and will be selling the jazz bass I used this pedal with.

Mr. Ray, it's always funny when that happens. Did I by chance buy this from you years ago on eBay?

price drop $170 shipped
  8. ebulakowski

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

price drop bump $155 Shipped. Just not getting played. All my basses have this preamp in them.