SOLD F Bass (fretless)For sale/trade

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jwr, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jwr

jwr Supporting Member

Hey guys! Well...I just can't do a damn fretless like I thought. I love the tone, but I'm not that good at it. LOL. I'm too used to being a fretted player and much prefer it. So this sucker is up for sale or trade.

I literally just got this less than two weeks ago.

Quote from one of the previous owners (hope you don't mind swpyne)

"This is a very beautiful 1987 F Bass fretless 5 string with neck-through construction. It's also a 34" scale which is rare for these basses.

It sports passive electronics with custom F Bass pickups. Simple Vol/Vol/Tone with coil tap switch. Ebony board with fret position hash marks and pearl dots from the octave up.

The bass originally had a different bridge but George installed the current bridge and modified it to allow it to be strung through the body. The finish is a very beautiful nitro teal green that is quite hard to photograph accurately."

Sales price is [DEL]$2500 shipped CONUS[/DEL]$2400 shipped CONUS

Previous owners pics for now and I'll get my own up once the clouds clear. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Since this is a higher end bass, I'd like one back for a trade. So here's my interests 4 or 5 strings prefered.

MTD 435, 535
    Roscoe's (plus cash depending on what you have)
    Mike Lull (same as above)
    Vintage Fender Jazz
    Sadowsky
    Zon
    Elrick (depending on the model)
    Ken Smith
    Dingwall
    Vintage Stingray

I'm also open to offers.

2. jwr

jwr Supporting Member

Inside pics. The first one is with a flash, the rest without. Sorry if a couple are a tiny bit blurry. My camera works better with the flash, but I wanted to try and truly capture the color. This one is a stunner IMO. Just played it too and am already second guessing myself. LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kind of blurry. Sorry
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. kellyrojo

kellyrojo

4. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

I spent a bunch of cash having George refurbish this beauty only to let it go in a moment of weakness. I'd consider buying it back but I'm overextended at the moment and can't.

That said I must also say that this is an exceptional and pretty rare F Bass. It is a thing of beauty and it almost plays itself. By far the easiest playing fretless 5 string I have ever come across.

Here are some additional photos of this very sexy bass:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y2a42vgnnln83d7/y4CeodJ8g5

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. jwr

jwr Supporting Member

So I gave it another week and this bass is amazing. Truly amazing. I still feel like the fretless thing is a bit out of my knowledge base right now though. I may revisit it later on but for now, still for sale/trade.

BUMP

7. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix Supporting Member

8. jwr

jwr Supporting Member

Hahaha

9. Neuroman

Neuroman BHPD - Previously Stage 2 Gold Supporting Member

Keep the faith! Fretless is such a blast once you get a little bit more comfortable with it. Just "Don't Look!" Resist the temptation to stare down at the fingerboard dots the entire time. Try to go on runs without looking, trust yourself and start sliding up and down to notes for corrections. What you will find is you will start creating a sound that is really really cool and uniquely you and much cooler than if you were nailing every note every time and then trying to miss a little on purpose to get a slide going.

It's a super cool bass. Keep going man!!!

10. Kinglowdown2457

Kinglowdown2457 Supporting Member

Would you be interested in a trade I have a Sadowsky Metro-5 if so my name is Joe phone# 216-659-7030 thx.

11. jwr

jwr Supporting Member

Price dropped $100 bucks! That's as low as I'll go on this bass. If it doesn't sell, I'm just going to keep it.

12. jwr

jwr Supporting Member

Still here. Waiting on a few offers or responses. Also have a semi solid offer I'm considering. It's time to make a decision. I know it. One more day bump then I'm PMing everyone back.

Thanks guys!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.