1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

F/S Brand New 2012 American Vintage 62 Precision Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by peteybass, Dec 21, 2012.

1. peteybass

peteybass

Traded...

Just received this brand new from a Factory Authorized Dealer. New and unplayed, other than plugged in to try out. Comes of course with all case stuff and G&C Fender Vintage case.
    Really light and resonant and has a beautiful grain and finish. The 1 3/4 neck is nice and shallow but not for me.

8.5 LBS Unregistered and with receipt. May consider trades. Possibly a tube amp or Fender Jazz bass.

$1,060. shipped Paypal CONUS.

Attached Files:

2. peteybass

peteybass

2 More

Attached Files:

3. the art guy

the art guy Supporting Member

Man, that's a beauty. Just the kind of thing I'm looking for if I can sell the 2 basses I've got up right now...

4. peteybass

peteybass

Would consider a trade for a 70's P bass with an A neck. Maybe other interesting P basses with no wider than 1 5/8 neck.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. okc-zee

okc-zee

Man..Somebody grab this...I just got one about a month ago...Absolutely AWESOME bass...I think these are done as far as production goes...

7. funkyjudge

funkyjudge Supporting Member

Production on the '62 AVRI P-Basses ended a couple of months ago, and most Fender dealers are out-of-stock on them.

I purchased one of these basses a few months ago, and it is absolutely the best Precision Bass that I have ever owned since purchasing a '64/'65 model brand-new shortly after I started playing bass.

8. Antman3820

Antman3820 Supporting Member

9. peteybass

peteybass

Thought this was sold but still available...

10. 4andnomore

4andnomore

I just bought one of these and it is by far the best precision I've ever played, and I've owned a bunch of them. Whoever snags this is going to be very happy.

11. R&B

R&B Don't want no treble. Supporting Member

Just played mine for two hours. Righteous! What a Precision bass is meant to be.

If the War Department made me sell all my basses except one, this is the one I would keep. This, and one Jazz on the QT. :D

Somebody oughta buy this!!

:bassist:

12. bpwb

bpwb Supporting Member

13. peteybass

peteybass

Looks like this is traded...

14. peteybass

peteybass

Now officially traded for a new Tony Franklin...