1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

F/S: Fender Reissue 62 Jazz Bass -- USA

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by kgkgkg, Jan 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kgkgkg

kgkgkg Supporting Member

I hate to do it, but an upcoming out-of-state move is forcing me to thin the herd.

The RI '62 is as beautiful to look at --3-tone sunburst with tortoise shell pickguard and rosewood fretboard -- as it is to play.

As the original owner, I have all the documentation (see picture). Lightly played, primarily at home, I played out occasionally on just a handful of gigs. Weight = 8 pounds.

Note two minor dings, both on the side, lower quadrant (see the last 2 pics).

The '62 Reissue has been in so much demand that my wife -- who wanted to buy it for me for Christmas -- had to wait until July of the following year to surprise me.

Here's the info from Sweetwater.com:
    "First introduced in 1960 as the Deluxe Model, the Jazz Bass® has become one of the most played instruments in modern musical history. All original Fender 'firsts' such as the off-set waist body, ultra slim fast-action neck and stacked concentric controls detailed in this faithful reissue. Finished with nitrocellulose lacquer."

No modifications except that I replaced the stock pickups with Lindy Fralin Jazz Bass pickups (@ $90 each) for improved tone and increased volume. For purists, I'll gladly throw in the original pickups upon request.

Vintage tweed original hard shell case included.

If it were in stock (it's not!), this axe would sell for $1499.99

Asking $1200, including shipping, CONUS.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. kgkgkg

kgkgkg Supporting Member

A Saturday bump!
  3. JeffplaysBass

JeffplaysBass Supporting Member

4. kgkgkg

kgkgkg Supporting Member

Thanks, JeffplaysBass for the bump!
  5. kgkgkg

kgkgkg Supporting Member

It's Wednesday: time for a hump bump!
  6. kgkgkg

kgkgkg Supporting Member

Bumping for this fabulous AVRI.
  7. P-oddz

P-oddz Supporting Member

If I didn't already have one as the love of my life, I'd be on here trying to convince someone else to buy it bump.
  8. kgkgkg

kgkgkg Supporting Member

Happy to report: SOLD!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.