1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

F/S:Fender Stu Hamm URGE I-MIA

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by FCM3, May 31, 2012.

1. FCM3

FCM3

1992-Made In America-Fender Stu Hamm Urge I Bass. Burgundy Mist color
    Urge Basses were the first artist signature bass that Fender ever produced.

This is a player bass; downsized body, 32" scale, ultra fast asymmetrical neck, 3-pickup design, a J- set and a “P”-pickup in the middle, weight saving tuners, and bridge. Electronics include: Volume/blend, treble/bass, 3-way pickup selector. A Kubicki-inspired 4-position active preamp: 1 standby mode, 1 passive mode and 2 Active modes, including the Active-on, and Active mid boost. Inside the control cavity is a small screw-type dial and dipswitches that control gain and mid-frequency. The pre uses a single 9volt battery.

Since I switched to Dingwall bass in 2002, this bass has sat in its case in my closet. The bass is in good to excellent condition, little fret wear and cleans up real nice (the second and third picture are more representative of what the color truly looks like). I replaced the battery and plugged it in. Still sounds great.

You can read reviews on
    http://www.harmonycentral.com/products/88980
    I even have the original instruction sheet on how to use the –preamp and dipswitches to dial in your sound

Comes in original Fender Urge bass case

Asking $800+shipping- selling as is—paypal preferred
    Thanks for looking
    frank
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. sanwin17

sanwin17 Please mommy, you just gotta buy this amplifier.

You bought this bass new or used? 800 is way too cheap. This is a unique item that doesn't come around very often. I would never sell mine for less that 1000. I think I paid 1300 right here on TB.

3. FCM3

FCM3

Hi-
    I ordered the bass back in 1992, Ive been the only owner.

I appreciate your sentiments towards the bass, I agree these are rare. Just have to find the right player interested in a groovy bass, thats all.

4. bassace77

bassace77 Supporting Member

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. FCM3

FCM3

Bass still available.

7. steelbed45

steelbed45 TRemington

8. ampelmann

ampelmann

Does the neck have more of a P or J feel?

9. FCM3

FCM3

its kinda neither, actually. Its asymmetric, and was designed by Stu to be very fast, its smaller than any P or J I've ever played.

10. ampelmann

ampelmann

Hmm, interesting. I'm not too crazy about the color, but it seems like a pretty sweet bass!

11. steelbed45

steelbed45 TRemington