1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

F/S Gallien-Krueger MB212, hardly used in NEW Condition

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Davyo, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Davyo

Davyo Davyo Supporting Member

Selling my Gallien-Krueger MB212 2x12 500W ultra light bass combo amp.
    My MB212 has only been used a handfull of times for live gigs or rehearsals, its in perfect working condition and looks new.
    I did paint the ugly silver speaker grill black (looks much better black) if bumped the paint will chip but repainting the grill if needed is super easy, a few small chips in the paint I touched up with a black magic marker (works great).

Selling price is ONLY $499.00 shipped!!!!!!!!

PM me with any questions.

Cheers
    Davyo

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member Supporting Member

So...do I need a THIRD MB212 to go with the other two? Probably not. :rollno:

Anyone waiting for the MBP212 could save $100 and make their rig "stereo-capable" with this black beauty! :hyper:

Good luck with the sale, bet it doesn't last long!

3. sweetthing06

sweetthing06 Supporting Member

I really want one of these but would like to play through one before buying. GAS!!!

4. Jwood

Jwood Supporting Member

Do these have the same horn buzz problems as the smaller MB combos?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Davyo

FWIW,,, the MB212 really can get very loud with out distorting, and has alot of punch, it can fill a good sized room with no PA support.

One thing to keep in mind is too roll off the bass control a bit on the EQ,,, if your playing a 5 stringer you will get some farting with the low B if the bass EQ is not backed off.

I have no buzzing on mine, if anything a very slight hiss if the treble is EQ'ed up all the way, but any hissing from the horn is an easy fix by either turning the horn off or backing off the treble a bit on the amp.

Cheers
    Davyo

7. gmarcus

gmarcus Supporting Member

8. Davyo

GK MB212 sold and shipped.

Cheers
    Davyo

9. gmarcus

gmarcus Supporting Member

10. sweetthing06

sweetthing06 Supporting Member

I play a G&L L2k and would use it as a monitor. Does it have a pre eq DI so I can run striaght to a PA? I do worry about it being loud enough. We have a drum who plays very hard and loud.